Hank, the man with a plan.

Start from the beginning

"hey! I never said that, I just mean we should go there, set a small distraction to get people out of the building and have a snoop around. I didn't mean burn the whole thing to the ground"

"Markus is right" Hank said.

"what?" me and Jayne spoke at the same time.

"we go into the building, get some information on them and use it against them. Think about it, Zeltaid would never expect us to go to the UK office. Why would we it would be stupid, since they where they were gonna send Cole"

"wait of its stupid, then why are we going?" Jayne asked confused.

"the element of surprise."i leaned back against the counter.

" exactly, we take what ever Kamski has left of the Zeltaid files from project whatever-."

"mylitta" I corrected him

"right and then dig up anything else we can any  evidence of wrong doing"

"then what?" Jayne asked planting Cole on her shoulder to burp him.

"we release it" Markus said nodding his head.

"what? Everything even about Cole?"

Markus nodded.

"Jayne think about it, why do you think Zeltaid are so afraid of the world finding out about him. He is living proof of all their wrong doing"

"no. No I am not putting Cole in any danger!" Jayne spat.

"you don't have to. Cole will stay here until its safe." Hank said, reaching out for Jaynes hand across the table.

"who will look after him?" Jayne looked terrified for a moment.

"hey hey, it's OK" I joined her at her side "Grace, Grace and Carter will watch him. Carter will protect him, and Grace and the girls. He's perfectly trained"

Tears started to fall from Jaynes eyes.

"but, but Carter's a giant baby himself, he can't, he can't even get himself dressed in the morning"

I began to run Jaynes back.

"that's what grace is for honey" Hank spoke up.

"and its not just them,  North, Simon and Josh. They will help out, in fact I'm pretty sure any android I asked would. " Markus said. "and, and I will stay too," Markus held out his arms for baby Cole.

"you will?" Jayne asked placing Cole in his arms.

"yeah, I mean you and Connor make a great team. You don't need me." markus looked sad for a moment, before bouncing Cole about a little.
"and besides, I'm wonderful with babies, they love me. Don't they Cole"

Cole choice this moment to spit up some milk onto Markus shoulder.

"oh er, well. I think that means Cole approves?" Markus questioned. Jayne was still crying.

"sorry" she sniffed "I just didn't think I would have to leave him so soon"

"Jayne this has to be done" I started.

"does it?" Hank asked.

"Hank, what are you saying?" I questioned.

"I, I have connections. We can put you guys into witness protection. Give you new identities everything you would need to start a new life"

Jayne shook her head.

"dad no. I would never see you again. I can't"

"Jayne, you keep putting yourself into these dangerous situations. I would rather not see you and know your alive somewhere. Than not see you because your dead"

Jayne banged down on the table.

"fuck sake."she muttered under her breath." we have to end this. It doesn't matter how fast we run or how far we go. They will find us. And, I, I don't want that life for my son. He deserves better" Jayne got up, taking Cole gently from Markus arms. "much better"
..........
The plan was set. We dropped Cole off in the morning not knowing if we were coming back. I kissed my son goodbye, i vowed to myself this would be the last time I say goodbye.

The airport was crowded, people hustled and bustled around. I looked down at our tickets. The flight was 15 hours. God knows how I was going to keep Jayne sane for that long. Lucky I had Hank to help. His presence seemed to calm her, but she was still jittery.
.........

She fell asleep somewhere over the ocean, resting her head on my shoulder. I watched her sleep for a few minutes. Her chest rising and falling, soreing slightly due to her nose being blocked. She had cried most of the time since we left Cole. She was quite about it, but I knew she was.

I turned around, to see Hank with a whisky in his hand across the way. He looked deep in thought. I didn't want his to know I was watching him; I could hear him calling me creepy in my mind, so I turned back around.

I world wizz by out of the window.
One day, this will end. One day.

********