Chapter 20

"Hey, Axle. Wanna go rollerskating?" Ethan asks with pure excitement in his eyes.

"No." Axle says walking to his refrigerator. Then he hears Liam's words.

"But maybe Liam wants to go." Axle says knowing that Liam will drag him to the ring.

"Go where?" Liam asks emerging from the hall.

"To the rollerskating rink. It can be the three of us since Axle doesn't want to go." Troy says already knowing what will happen.

Liam snaps his attention to Axle who is trying to hide away from Liam's sharp gaze. Liam walks over to Axle.

"Why don't you want to go?" Liam asks.

"Because."

"Why?" Liam asks with a more dissapointed tone. That causes Axle to sigh.

"I don't like going to public areas."

"So? Get out your comfort zone. You can teach me how to skate." Liam suggest.

"If you can't skate why do you want to go?"

"To learn how....duh." Liam says.

"Oh...welp." Axle shrugs walking away. Liam grabs Axle's hand looking him in the eye.

"Pleeeaaa-"

"Okay." Axle says mentally stabbing his mouth and heart for talking faster than his brain.

"Yay!" Liam says basically running to the back to get ready. Axle sighs as he sits on his couch. Well, correction. Flops on his couch. Dramatically. Ethan goes to the restroom while Troy talks to Axle, while Axle isn't listening.

Liam puts on simple black jeans with a yellow hoodie and some white shoes. He brushes his teeth and does his hair then emerges. No, Ethan was not in the bathroom with Liam. He got out before Liam came in.

"Let's go!" Liam jumps happily. It was the first time he had actually felt pure excitement.

"I brought my car." Troy says causing Liam and Axle to be secretly excited since they won't walk.

...

Once they got there they got their skates. Liam walks in. He only remembers going to a rollerskating rink once. But he was in 2nd grade. Liam jumps up happily as they wait in line for rollerskates. Everyone has their rollerskates and Ethan and Troy have started skating. Axle is tying Liam's skates since you tie skates differently than shoes.

"You only wear a four?" Axle says holding his laughter.

"Yeah..." Liam blushes. Axle finally lets out a deep chuckle.

"Let's go." Axle says hopping up, and pulling Liam to the skating floor. Axle is holding both of Liams' hands as he skates backwards. Liam looks at him surprised.

"How?!" Liam shouts.

"Practice I guess." Axle shrugs. Liam looks down attempting to skate like the other people but he ends up giving up as he was not even moving forward. He was only moving forward because of Axle pulling him. But he took this time to appreciate how Axle's hands were soft then rough in places, then normal feeling.

"It's just like walking, but you glide more. Pick up your leg and move forward, like you are taking a step." Axle explains. Liam does exactly that as he rolls them into the secluded area, mainly for begginers so they don't cause incidents on the skating floor.

Just as they roll in, Liam starts to take the step. His wheels on his right foot hit the wheel on his left causing him to fall back, but Axle pulls him up a bit too hard causing Liam to fall on top of Axle.