Chapter 11

Troy kept thinking about Liam. He had to talk to him. He had to see if that meant something to him. He knew it meant something him. He's been liking Liam for a while now and finally he acted on his feelings only to be rejected.

Troy sighs as he walks to his locker. He stares at Axle and sees him flirting with 2 girls. Leaning against his locker. Axle winks at one and smiles towards the other.

Troy starts to think. Troy knows Liam's been avoiding him. So Axle might know where he is. Troy started walking towards Axle. Axle noticed.

"Ok girls. See you later." Axle winks.

"Hey..uh Axle. Where's Liam?" Troy asks.

"How'm I 'posed to know? What's up with y'all anyway." Axle folds his arms frowning.

"Walk around the track with me. I'll tell you about it." Troy says doing the hand motion 'come on'.

Axle rolls his eyes.

"I don't have anything better to do" Axle thinks as he shrugs.

They walk around the track. Troy attempts to gather all the info in his head in a timeline before spilling out random things. Axle waits impatiently but then starts to look at Kaitlyn stretching and bending down. He doesn't know why he cares for Kaitlyn. He doesn't care a lot but still is willing to do more things for her than anybody else. Probably because she is his best friend. They've been friends since 2nd grade. She's been there for him ever since the incident. And...she knows about the incident. She's the only person that knows about it.

"Okay. I'm ready."

"Ok then start." Axle says annoyed.

"So you remember the day I met Liam?"

"Yeah. He had a panic attack." Axle frowns.

"Yeah. That day I felt something for him. Then once I started getting to know him I felt more for him. Then I started liking him. Once I invited him to my house. I made a move. He kissed back but then stopped, and ran away once I touched him." Troy says looking down. Axle yawns.

"Boo fucking hoo." Axle rolls his eyes.

"Come on Axle it isn't funny." Troy says sadly.

"Well where did you touch him?" Axle asks actually interested.

"His waist area." Troy says causing Axle's eyes to widen. He remembers the horrendous bruise that covered Liam's waist. It had all different kinds of scars all around it.

"You're dumb." Axle sighs sitting on a bench.

"No I'm n-"

"He told me the story of how he got the scar. He must have been puking his insides out after that."

"Why?"

"I don't think he wants me to tell you. Or anyone."

"Oh..." Troy says. Axle finally sighs getting up.

"If you want, I'll talk to him for you."

"You will!"

"Only if you agree not to be his boyfriend."

"What?! Why!?" Troy stomps.

"He's got too much right now. First he has to get a scholarship to get the hell out of there." Axle says rolling his eyes just thinking about Sam.

"But I won't cause him any problems. I like him. A lot" Troy says.

"Nope." Axle shakes his head.

"Okay fine." Troy says desperately.

"Good job." Axle smirks.

"Yeah yeah. Just talk to him." Troy says walking away.

...

"Hey, Liam are you going back to your dad's?" Axle says as he sees Liam walking down the street and catches up with him.

"I don't know. Maybe." Liam shrugs sadly.

"Whatever. Just go to my house." Axle says rolling his eyes. After that there was silence. But not awkward. Comfortable. Liam starts humming.

Axle gasps. Looking away. Liam stares at him, while Axle is looking away trying to hide the sadness but Liam can see it. Liam walks over to him.

"Are you okay?" Liam says. Axle can't help but look into his eyes. Liam frowns as Axle looks straight into his eyes. Actual emotion showing but it was deep sadness.

Then it went away. Axle looks away.

"Its nothing." Axle walks away faster to the apartment building. And closing the door.

Liam follows him up the stairs, running finally he catches up once they reach their floor. Axle opens his door attempting to close Liam out, but Liam's foot stops it.

"Wait Axle. I know it isn't "nothing"."

"It's none of your fucking business, short stuff!" Axle screams angrily. Liam looks down sadly. Axle notices in his conscious he says he needs to stop and calm down. But he just can't.

"Axle...you know how you get when you're mad. You go crazy and get with all kinds of girls and you start fist fights. All I want to do is stop that. Come on Axle. You gotta help me help you." Liam looks down. Axle softens up. He opens the door.

"Why?" Axle stutters.

"Cause it's like my job. I have to help others feel better." Liam responds.

"I'm sorry. It's that song you were humming. Come together by the Beatles. That's the song my mom would always sing to me..." Axle says. He sees Liam about to say something.

"Don't ask about her." Axle says reading Liam's mind. Knowing he'd ask about his mom.

"Oh. Well I won't sing it anymore. Around you. Let's talk about something else if you want."

"What's up with you and Troy?" Axle smirks.

"Nothing." Liam fake frowns.

"Cut the bullshit. Come on. I already know. Troy told me. You need to talk to him." Axle says softly which shocks Liam.

"Well....it's hard." Liam shrugs.

"So?" Axle frowns.

"It's not like I try to avoid everything that's difficult but...this time I do."

"Why?"

"I don't know." Liam shrugs. Axle looks at him for a while attempting to change Liam's mind without words. Axle sighs about to get up.

"Okay fine! I'll do it." Liam sighs. Axle smirks and sits back down.

"Okay." Axle smiles.

"You're difficult Axle." Liam rolls his eyes.

"I have a question." Axle says getting serious causing Liam to sit up.

"What is it?" Liam asks.

"How do you know so much about me? Without asking me questions. Like when you said I only flirt with girls and have sex with them when I'm upset or mad."

"Like I said you're difficult. But it was really easy to read you once I look straight into your eyes. People say you're emotionless. Bit you are just confused about your emotions and you can't read them."

"You're the only person that can read me or understand me."

"You're always with Kaitlyn...out of all the other girls....why?"

"She was my first love."