Laurence Angst (Part 1)

The brunette walked through the Pheonix Drop High hallways, rushing to get to his class on time. He felt as if he was gasping for air, trying to take deep breaths when there was none. He finally made it to his biology class right as the bell rang. All his classmates looked at him, giving them the high school 'you're SO LATTTTE' glare.

"Mr. Zhavl? Why weren't you here earlier? You have been late the past three class periods."

Laurence coughed, looking up at her. "I'm sorry, ma'am. I'll be quicker next time.". He walked over to his best friend, Garroth's, table. Dante looked up at him.

"Dude, you look exhausted.", he snickered. "I thought you were the athletic one here."

"Hey, Just because I'm the captain of the soccer team doesn't mean I can't be tired."

Garroth giggled. "Trust me, I get you there. Were you on the back field? That's pretty far from this room."

"Sure?", Laurence lied. He got out his binder and notebook, looking at the board for their bellwork assignment. He squinted as he read the prompt to himself, writing it down in his notebook. As usual, Dante glanced over at his paper every now and then. Laurence didn't mind though.

"Alright class! So, let's go over your bellwork assignment for today. Garroth, do you mind reading the prompt out loud?, the teacher, also known as Mrs. Beary, asked him.

"Rayden is doing a biology experiment at in his class. In order to find the answer needed, he needs to find out how the plant grows. What growth hormone is found in plants?", he read loudly. He looked back at the teacher.

"Good job! Pick someone to answer it!"

Garroth looked at the two males sitting at his table. Dante gave him a glare, mouthing at him to not call on him. Laurence grinned at the blonde as Garroth called out the bluenettes name.

Dante sighed loudly as he stared at Garroth, answering with the most monotone voice you'll ever hear. "Axons"

Mrs. Beary smiled. "Excellent! Glad you two have been listening. Laurence, what are axons?"

Laurence took a deep breath getting ready to answer, before a sharp pain shot up his body. He quickly grabbed the skin from the side of his body, and squeezed it as he shut his eyes. Garroth looked at him with concern.

"U-Uh.. I don't k-know.", he began to breathe heavier which only made it worse.

"I'm sure you do know it. We went over it multiple times in the last semester.

"I just don't... Katelyn can answer for me."

Katelyn rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "Auxins are synthesized in the stem and root apices and transported through the plant axis.".

The teacher smiled at the bluenette as she turned around. She began to teach. The brunette simply lied his head down on the desk. He tried to ignore the pain running through his body.

"You okay dude...?", Dante whispered. Laurence just nodded slightly. He began to cough. He grabbed his bag, grabbing the inhaler he has used for the past few months. He put it against his mouth, pumping the medication into his lungs. He continued coughing however, and he was struggling to get air in. Dante's eyes widened. "Mrs. Beary. Laurence needs to get a drink of water."

Laurence's eyes watered from the lack of oxygen and the pain in his throat, standing up. The blonde teacher nodded, allowing them to leave. Garroth got up, helping as well. The class was silent as they exited the classroom, making their way to the water fountain. The two best friends let go of him once they got there, allowing the brunette to drink water. After a few minutes, the coughing died down, yet Laurence's eyes were tearing up even more.