10 | The Academic Exams

Start from the beginning

Kirishima glanced at his friend and nodded, piecing together similarities. "Yeah, she kinda does! Do you think they're siblings?"

Sero shrugged. "I don't know, but I don't think she is though."

"Why? She has spiky blonde hair and red eyes like Bakugou! Though she's paler, smaller, slimmer..."

"That's true, plus the way she acts. She seems way too shy and kind to be a relative of Bakugou's."

Kirishima glanced back at the corner where Sachi disappeared. "I don't know, man. Maybe a coincidence?" Sero shrugged again, the two arriving at their designated classroom door, 1-A.

About four hours into the exams, Sachi was already beat. Nothing but multiple-choice questions, true or false, written answers, definitions. All of them caught Sachi off guard.

Sachi tapped her pencil against the scantron to her Calculus test, reading over her answers and fixing any mistakes. The fifth test of the day and the most stressful one...

She glanced between her answers on the four pieces of scratch paper, her scantron, and the packet filled with confusing symbols and numbers and variables. She had to redo most of the problems she ran across and she knows, for a fact, that some of her answers were dead wrong, but she managed to keep herself from breaking. Even when she stared at the bubbled answers for ten minutes.

She sighed, leaned back into her chair and stretched, popping her knuckles and back for the umpteenth time that hour. The amount of relief being washed over her body was a sign that she was not in the depths of confusing hell. She popped her neck and jaw. Her necklace vibrated, providing reassurance in an odd way.

Sachi looked to the front of the room and saw Snipe stand from his seat, stretching, and made his way to the tall classroom door. The door slid open, allowing the distant murmur of life to reach Sachi's ears. Snipe left with a nod and made room for a black figure who sauntered in with a sleeping bag.

Sachi raised a brow at Aizawa before he merely stepped inside the yellow bag, zipped it up so that only his face and hair were visible, and curled soundlessly on the tiled floor, falling asleep almost instantly. Sachi glared at him full of envy, rubbing her sore neck and shoulders with cramped fingers.

"Time's up."

Aizawa spoke, waking from his slumber an eternity later. Sachi scribbled out the last bubble on her answer sheet and slammed her pencil down on the desk, throwing her head back into a relieved groan. Her arms fell to her sides as Aizawa climbed out of his sleeping bag. He collected the scratch papers, scantron, and the test itself before heading back towards the front of the room, hauled his sleeping bag over his shoulder, and proceeded to exit the classroom.

"School will be over in five minutes," he informed. "Take your time to relax or leave, whatever's fine."

Sachi flexed her fingers before catching the pro hero's attention, who was heading towards the door. "Wait! Aizawa, I–"

"What?"

"I was wondering if there's anything else left in the exams? If you don't mind me asking."

Aizawa peered at her with a blank expression, his hand reaching for the door. "The last exams are your Bio-Chemistry and quirk handling skills. Rest up for tomorrow. You'll resume testing before lunch period." Without another word, he slipped out of the classroom. Sachi pursed her lips together at Aizawa's response as she assembled her belongings into her schoolbag and left the room she was trapped in for the entire day.

As she was walking down the corridor where she bumped into Kirishima and Sero, she began to wonder how she's going to prepare for tomorrow's quirk test.

Maybe take a long nap? Drink hot tea and read an exciting book afterward?

The two options felt like paradise was waiting, and the blonde girl became giddy at the thought of revisiting her safe haven. The lush duvet blanketing her small frame, her pillow and plushies framing her aching head, the mattress hugging her body, and a belly full of warm food her mother has graciously cooked herself. Steaming hot tea with honey lemon paired with cinnamon, and a novel begging to be read. Sachi shivered at the thought of something so relaxing!

Between fantasizing about the thought of adding candles for ambiance and her finishing the flights of stairs, her shoulder was poked a few times when Sachi walked out of U.A.'s front entrance.

She flinched out of her trance and whirled around, her tired red eyes landing on unkempt green locks, a girl with rosy cheeks, and a boy with glasses.

"How were the exams, Chi-chan?" Izuku asked, his voice soothing and clear. Sachi sighed, her hand reaching up to massage her neck. She squinted at her best friend and the two students. Both the boy and the girl were stiff, with their mouths hung agape.

"Oh, Izzy... Where do I begin?"