95

my eyes fluttered adjusting to the light. Voices in the background but they were too distorted to make anything out. Did I come back to Itachi so soon?

My vision cleared up and seen i was in a hospital room. Sasuke sleeping on a chair and Sakura scribbling on her clipboard.

"s-sak- ura." I said with a raspy dry voice. her eyes widened as she saw I was awake. She rushed to my side with a cup of water. putting the straw between my lips i finally moistened my dry throat.

"Look straight" she instructed as she shined a flash light in both my eyes. "Do you know who you are?" she asked. Confused and a bit dazed i nodded .. "y/n" i responded 

"good" she smiled "ok sensei whats the last thing you remember?"

"Sword." i mouthed . my throat was so swollen it was hard to speak.

"ok. " she sighed in relief.  " You are so lucky to be alive. That sword just barely missed your vital organs. And luckier that Sasuke hadn't cut them when pulled the sword from you right away without my observation first."

"kakashi?" i groaned.  "Is he ok?" i asked concerned 

" You know kakashi sensei. He's doing better than ever. you should have seen him on the battle field y/n.. you wouldve been so proud!" she cheered trying not to be too loud.

"The war?!" i gasped trying to sit up.

"Dont move! you have a lot of healing to do. We won. Me, sasuke, Naruto, kakashi. we finished it." her eyes watered. "we did it. we all did it."

tears fell from my eyes happy that it was over but disappointed i failed half way through.

"get out" Sasuke told sakura now that he's finally awake. 

she just smiled and ignored his rude tone. "I'll let Sensei know your awake now."

she closes the door behind her and sasuke just stares at me quietly. 

"What happened to your arm?" i asked seeing it was bandaged up.

"Doesnt matter right now." he said. his eyes glossed with tears. Sasuke was a prideful man. To see him so close to breaking that hurt me to my core. 

"Is it Itachi?" my voice hitched on the verge of tears too. Sasuke may not be my brother by blood and i may have never gotten to marry his brother but he will always be my little brother.

"You almost died" he clenched his teeth balling his fists he started growing angry.

"It's ok sasuke, I'm alive." i tried to comfort him but he wouldnt listen.

"I promised Itachi that I would take care of you." tears fell from his eyes "I couldnt complete the last favor he asked of me." 

I felt for sasuke. He loved his brother so much. To kill him and find out the truth of his sacrifice afterwords.. thats a pain I could never imagine . 

"Sasuke, We have a whole life ahead of us for you to keep that promise. He asked the same of me . You being here .. does this mean your back in the village?" i placed my hand on his and he held it tightly. 

"I have to keep my word to Itachi. To myself . Bring the Uchiha clan back to its formal glory." He looked at me with a certain pain that i understood. The pain that we both knew only he could do that because of my run in with itachi.

"make me an aunt to many beautiful little Uchihas. I'll help you raise them and train them well. The uchiha way. Now wipe your eyes before anyone else see's you with emotion." i laughed . he smiled and washed his face.