13

I couldn't sleep. No surprise there . I've just been reading The book Kakashi given me .  I can't tell whether he likes me , despises me or if he's just extra cautious when i'm around . I can't read him and that annoys me to no end . 

".. (y/n) ?" a soft spoken voice called behind the opening door .  I put my book down and saw Sakura ..

"Sakura? what are you doing here ?" I looked at the girl confused , She looked sad . 

" I came to see if you were ok . " Her voice broke a bit 

"I'm ok ," I smirked "  I'm an Uchiha . Surviving seems to be my thing ." i joked trying to get a chuckle out of her but it didn't. " Whats wrong?" 

She walked up to me and sat on the edge of the bed . Tears filled her large eyes . 

" I'm sorry we couldn't find Saskue and you went through all of that for nothing . " My heart shattered , The little piece of heart i did have . 

" I didn't allow myself to be taken just for you to find saskue . I did it to save the rest of you and it worked . As a ninja You continue the mission by all means necessary. " i assured her , 

" But kakashi always say-- "

" Those who break the rules are scum... but those who abandon their friends are worse than scum." 

I turned my head to the window where kakashi sat on . 

" Sakura . It's late . you should be getting home . " he said 

"Yes kakashi sensei .." she hung her head and turned to me . 

"Hey . You did good . Don't beat yourself up over it alright .We'll find him next time . " I smiled at her . I haven't smiled in so long . Although it was forced it felt genuine at the same time . I have a soft spot for her .. its no secret she's head over heels in love with someone .. a rogue ninja who wants nothing to do with you . a childhood love . Sounds familiar . I guess i just feel her pain . 

She smiled and wiped her tears and went on her way . I looked over to kakashi wondering why he was here yet again . 

" You don't trust me enough to have a private conversation with her ?" I scoffed . 

"No.. And its late . you should've sent her home ." His voice as plain as ever . 

"What are teaching them? Missions have top priority . "  He should know this . 

" Missions can be done again . A Persons life cannot be remade . "

"So when i was taken , You didn't continue the mission like i asked ?!" i shouted . Those could have been my last words to him ever and he dishonors it.I'm starting to wonder what the hype over his fame is all for . 

"No . Sai took sakura and naruto back in the village and i searched for you ." 

"What in the right mind told you to come after me instead of finishing the mission ? I specifically told you -"

" I don't take orders from you . " he said ignorantly . 

"If we're going to be working together we need to compromise . " i sighed trying not to rip out my  hair . 

" like ?" he asked 

" Like don't put my life before the mission . Because I put My life FOR the mission . For this village . " 

"I disagree . but we have 2 years to discuss that ."

"what do you mean ?" I raised an eyebrow at him 

"Naruto left to train with jiraiya . Sakura is training under Tsunade . We have 2 years before the next team 7 mission ." I felt so angry . How dare Tsunade .. remove me from the forces to leave me missionless and jobless for the next two years .