89

Just as we grew exhausted going against the jinchuuriki's someone released the reanimation.. As they started to disappear I clenched my teeth as tears dripped.. Itachi is leaving me again. I think kakashi knew what troubled me. As well as naruto. 

Naruto walked up to from behind and placed a hand on my shoulder. "I'm ok" I choked lips quivering. It  was more than obvious i wasn't ok. 

kakashi slowly walked up to me wiping my tears. "I'm ok .. really.. im ok.." I continued to lie. but his eyes softened as he watched my heart break again.

"You might still have a chance to say goodbye if you hurry." kakashi offered.

"I dont know" i bit my lip to stop me from losing control and fall into an endless sob show.

"Go." he demanded.

"I dont even know where he is." i said hoplessly

"I do" naruto interrupted as he was in sage mode. " You still have some time but you need to hurry . Head east. You'll feel him when he's closer.."

I looked over to kakashi "are you sure?"

"you didnt get to say goodbye. You need this" 

taking their advice I kissed kakashi deeply yet quickly and ran off. 

Wait for me itachi please!

- Time skip-

Barging through the cave following the light that acted as my guide I found Sasuke standing in front of Itachi

"I will love you always." Itachi said to sasuke. I tried to hide and allow them their time but somehow Itachi knew I was there.

"Come out y/n" he said still holding onto sasuke.

I walked out and walked over. Eyes bloodshot from tears.As more continued to fall effortlessly.

"There's no need to cry. You two still have each other, Know .. that I love you both...dearly." his soul started to rise and I couldn't hold back anymore. My hysterical cries echoed against the cave..

"I ... love ... you ... so .. much .." I cried.

"I love you y/nn" he said one last time before all he could do was fade away. Sasuke grabbed my hand and held it tightly. I  looked over to him and saw tears in his eyes as well. I just completely shut down.. Sasuke pulled me into a hug.

"I understand" he said plainly trying to act strong..

I pulled away from sasuke and wiped my eyes. we stared at each other in silence. It wasn't weird though. We understood each other perfectly. We both lost someone we loved with everything we had in us. All we have now is each other.

"He showed me.. everything." sasuke said staring into space. " You voluntarily took me in until i runaway. You didn't have to." 

" Everyone who has ever loved me was dead. I didn't want you to feel the same pain. That at least someone still loved you. but clearly I failed."

"You didn't fail. I just didn't care. I hated you. You were a reminder of my brother."

"Do you still hate me." I asked seriously.

"I stopped hating you long ago." he sighed. 

i faintly smiled . "love you too kid." 

"come on. I have a plan." he said wiping his eyes and walking out of the cave.

"A plan for what ?" I asked confused.

"To win the war."

"I thought you wanted to destroy konoha . why would you care about the war?"

"If they win the world is over as we know it. I don't have to side with the village to not want that to happen."

I started following him out . "So what do you have planned ?"

"we need to see orochimaru first."