beware!! pt-3

a/n: this is literally the only au that has been so highly requested and it's really amusing cause i thought everyone would hate it.

Enjoy.

Keith set his jaw straight, hearing the door shut close. The room became silent once again, tension hanging loosely in the air.

"What do you want, Lance?" He asked finally, eyes glaring on the floor.

"You know what I want, Keith," Lance answered from his throne.

"No," Keith said, lifting his head up to glare at the boy in front of him. "I don't. I never fucking know what you want. So just fucking tell me."

Lance frowned playfully, leaning back against his chair. "I think you're still forgetting who's in charge around here."

"You're not King, Lance. Don't get too over your big head."

"Yet," Lance retorted, "I mean Prince is a really heavy title, considering that you're only a slave, left by your parents who aren't even here anymore. Oops, it slipped."

Keith glared at him with so much hatred in his eyes. His knuckles were turning white in how strong he was clenching his fist.

"I fucking hate you," Keith spat out, blinking hard to stop the tears from forming. He would rather did than cry in front of this fucker. But it hurt. It hurt him that Lance didn't feel anything close to sorry saying it. Maybe Keith was being delusional, part of him secretly wanted everything to be back to normal when everything was okay. But reality wasn't like that.

Lance looked at him with an unknown gaze in his eyes before he tore it away.

"Do you know who I value the most, Keith?"

"No."

"It's my sister," Lance said. Keith sat there, trying to block out the voice yet he couldn't help but listen.

"She's been taken. By the Drules."

Maybe it was his instinct, because Keith opened his mouth to say sorry. He was too late when he realized what he had said out loud.

"Don't apologize. It was my fault," Lance frowned.

He stared at him and Keith stared back. It was weird, looking at him while tied up and chained. It brought back memories.

"I'll be leaving tomorroe to search for her," Lance continued, "Though we all know the Drules would not let anyone in except the Galra royalty line. And there was no way I was going to walk up there and kidnap the Galra King. Not only it was suicide but my father will not he pleased either."

Keith stared at him. "You want me to accompany you."

A familiar smile set butterflies to his stomach, making him churn uncomfortably. "I was planning to steal one of the Galras. But you just happen to stumble in front of my doorsteps. Let's call that fate."

"I still don't know why you think I'm capable of-"

"Don't give me that bullshit, Kogane," Lance cut him off, rolling his blue eyes. "We both know you were one of the best assassins out there."

The glare faltered just a bit. Keith couldn't understand why Lance was so keen on taking him with him. Keith wasn't Galra royalty. He was far from that. His parents were peasants, low living farmers who depended on begging. The Drules wouldn't even look at him, let alone let them in their closed off territory.

Lance must had seen the doubt in his eyes because he clicked his tongue and said, "If you succeed in helping me find my sister, I would set you free."