"You do you." Cybelline knelt down, "I won't force you to do anything you don't want." 

She had offered and was refused, she was not a kind person. One chance was all she gave. She wasn't a hero, as heroes were usually people who sacrificed themselves the first chance they got. Idiots.

Another loud crack sounded. Cybelline knew that it was time to go. "I'll burn these as soon as I get a chance."

She ran for the door and almost made it. Almost.

A large hand reached out and grabbed her wrist, "So, you finally show you tail." Killian's hair was a little mussed and there was a fine sheen of sweat on his face, but his eyes were bright with purpose. 

She smiled innocently as she tugged gently,  "My Lord? A tail?"

"Don't do that." He growled, his green eyes flashing, "What are you after?"

Cybelline yanked, her hand flew out of his grasp, she stumbled backwards a bit "I have no idea what you mean, my lord."

Killian had underestimated the page, this was strength that a normal person should not have.

"You're mage born." It was a statement, his eyes became sharper as he looked her over. 

Cybelline shrugged, "What's it to you?"

Killian drew out his sword, "I am the protector of this land. And this is the most sacred place of our kingdom. Tell me, what did you come here to steal?"

The little page seemed to cringe and stumble backwards towards the wall, "But my lord, you led me here."

Killian stared at him cooly, "Throughout tonight, you've looked towards this direction three times. Our route was always headed towards this way."

Cybelline was silent for only a moment, "I see." 

Gone was the smiling, cheerful page who wanted to please his lord. Cybelline's entire air had changed, "So why did you let me come here?"

Killian shrugged, "I was bored. It's been a long time since someone had been so much fun."

Cybelline wanted to punch him, she said through slightly gritted teeth, "My lord was amusing also."

Behind them, the other bell broke and Kieran fell to his knees gasping for breath. He looked up and saw his cousin pointing a sword at the little page.

"No!" He cried, and then started coughing violently, soon tiny dots of red showered the floor in front of him. He looked at Cybelline and Killian.

"Get up, cousin, I brought you here so that you'll live." Killian asked quietly, his eyes turned icy. "Is this little page a spy of yours? I thought that I cured you of that bad habit years ago."

Kieran wiped his mouth, but he was still breathing heavily, his smile was a little bitter, "Cousin, I really thought you would have forgiven me by now. But I swear to you, this little page isn't mine, and he means no harm."

Cybelline frowned at the pair, "Look, it was really nice meeting you both today, but I think you guys have some stuff to work out, so why don't I just ---"

"There's no way out except for the door behind me." Killian informed her.

"Doors. Pfff." Cybelline said and she swung her fist with all her might at the stone wall.

The stone, old and brittle gave away under the girl's brute strength.

"Are you really going to jump off this tower?" He asked cooly, "It's a thousands of feet off the ground, the highest point in the kingdom." 

"Well, yes." She looked at him as if he was stupid, "Why else would I make such a large hole?" 

She turned and stepped out, intent on catching herself on some of the jutting rocks, and jumping down, just as she did with the cliffs.

Suddenly, she felt a sharp pain on her backside and flew out into the air several more feet. She turned around to see Killian with a crooked grin, his foot raised, he called out to her, "Then let me help you." 

 Beside him, Kieran had gripped his cousin's arm, looking like he had pulled Killian back the final moments to prevent the young general from going after her. Or kicking her harder.

"You bassssttttaaaaaarrrrrdddd!" Her voice came out in a prolonged, enraged shout as she shot towards the earth. 

Luckily, she had prepared well for the heist. She reached into her magical pouch and pulled out a grappling hook. She had originally wanted to use this to climb the tower in the cover of darkness, but this was much better.

She threw it hard at the tower and it sank in with a clunk. Tightly, she gripped rope as it slowed, and stopped her descent. On her hands appeared deep red welts as the rope strained against the tower wall.

She glared up at the top, which was now too high to see clearly.

"Bastard." She spat out, and quickly began to climb down wall.

She must leave as soon as she could, that green-eyed bastard would be combing the grounds for the little page as soon as he came down. She had to devise a plan to leave as quickly as possible.

Twenty foot from the ground, she jumped and landed lightly on her feet. Turning around she bowed and raced off into the cover of darkness.

In the tower, Kieran still held onto his cousin's arm.

"Isn't this enough of a head start?" Killian asked coldly.

Kieran smiled weakly, "Yes. thank you." His hand dropped to his side, "Cousin, you still hate me, don't you." 

Killian paused, "No." He answered quietly, "Making an alliance with Londaros was the only way for your country. I can't fault you for it, even if it does mean the eventuality of war." 

Kieran sighed, "I'm sorry." 

Killian shook his head, "We all do what it takes to survive. Londaros was my home long ago, but the only place I want to protect now is Dycathion." 

Kieran put a hand on his cousin's shoulder, "The Londaros king is old, in a few years he'll die. It is your throne. If you go back, perhaps you can prevent the war. You would be a much better king than any of those sons." 

"Don't include me in your machinations, Cousin." Killian said with a lazy smile, "I'd rather watch the king's sons and his bastard fight it out. If they do want a bite of Dycathion, well, I wouldn't mind conquering their lands." 

Killian turned to the room and pointed to Kieran, "Spirit, Give him the ice crystal."

Then the young general strode to hole Cybelline had made.

Killian pulled out a three fire cracker. On his finger shone a little light of green flame. The fireworks flew out of his hands into the sky.

The insignia of house bloomed over the sky. A green shape, the shape of a sabertooth tiger appeared in the sky and roared. The sound shook the earth.

People turned to look at the sign and soldiers who had been making merry suddenly turned and ran towards the signal.

Cybelline looked up and grinned wickedly.

"Let the chase begin." She ran faster towards the castle.