Chapter 29

Tris:

I don't trust her. She's my best friend, but I don't trust Christina to pack my clothes for my honeymoon. Knowing her, I'll end up with a suitcase full of lingerie. So I insist on packing my own suitcase, but that doesn't stop her from offering her opinion on my outfit selections.

"No, no, no, no, no," she says. "You are not bringing sweat pants on your honeymoon."

"What about for pajamas?" I ask.

"No," she states mater-of-factly.

"What about just one pair?" I plead.

She groans, then gives in. "Tris, do you have any idea what you're supposed to do on a honeymoon?"

"Yes," I murmur, slightly embarrassed at the question.

"Well, then why do you want sweatpants?"

"Because they're comfortable, and it's only for one night. If it makes you any happier, I wear nightgowns to bed every other night?" I immediately regret the words after they come out of our mouth.

"Really?" she asks, accusingly.

"Yeah, sure," I whisper.

"I don't believe you."

I'm slightly offended. My best friend doesn't think I'm dauntless enough to wear nightgowns. "Oh yeah?" I walk over to my dresser and pull out six nightgowns from the top drawer. I huff back over to my suitcase and stuff them all in. "There, one for each night."

She folds her arms over her chest. "Tris, look, if you don't want to do this. I shouldn't be forcing you to do something you don't want to do."

I sigh. Well, do I want to do this? I turn the question over and over in my head. It's something I always wanted to, isn't it? Something that's always been inside my mind even before we were married. But now that I know it's here, do I really want to do it.

But then I remind myself, I have nothing to be afraid if, this is Tobias.

"I want to do this," I say.

That earns me a small smile from Christina, that ends up turning into a hug. I've never been very good at hugs, considered Abnegation customs never allowed them, so I assume that's the reason she pulls away.

"So do you know where he's taking you, yet?"

"No, he says he wants it to be a surprise." She nods, but I catch a small grin playing across her face. It's only there for a second, but it's unmistakeable. "Do you know where he's taking me?"

"Yeah," she says sheepishly. I raise my eyebrows at her. "He only told me because I told him I would help you pack."

I let out a breath. "It seems like everyone knows but me."

"Not necessarily," she says. "He says he hasn't told Zeke, yet."

Surprisingly, it gives me some reassurance.

"Well, can you at least tell me if I'm going to like it?" I ask, desperate for anything.

"No probably not," she says. I'm about to go off at her, but then she adds, "You're going to love it."

AN:

Hey everyone! I just wanted to say that if anyone ever wants me to check out their writing and help them and give them advice, feel free to leave a message on my message board. I know I'm not the best writer out there, but I still want to help some of you guys perfect your techniques and help you grammatically as well. Or if it would be easier, you can always direct message me on Instagram at rachelwritesbooks08 (same as on here).

Also, I have an idea in mind for where their honeymoon should be, but if you have an idea, something you always imagined they'd be going on their honeymoon, leave your idea in the comments.

Okay that's it! Thank you for reading ily ;)

-Rachel