Chapter 26

Tobias:

Christina and Evelyn claim me for the rest of the day, getting me all worked up over last minute honeymoon details. To be completely honest, I couldn't care less about the honeymoon. All I care about is being with her, forever.

Christina tells me to start packing my bags, so I isolate myself in my, our, apartment and throw everything from t-shirts to sunglasses in my suitcase.

Christina says she'd take care of Tris. I'm scared already. I just hope my wife makes it there in one piece.

Wife. Tris Prior is now my wife. Or show I say Tris Eaton. Why not? Tris Eaton. It's has a certain ring to it that makes my heart stop.

After an hour of packing, I finally hope that I will get to see Tris before tomorrow morning. I haven't seen her all day or even at all yesterday. Christina has been making her spend the night at her house ever since the wedding. She has been going to extremes to make sure we don't even talk to each other on the phone! All I want right now is to catch a glimpse of her walking in through the hallway with her usual cup of coffe in one hand and beautifully designed wedding ring on her finger.

This honeymoon could not possibly come any slower.

I zip my suitcase up and then place it next to the front door. I then decide to visit with Christina and beg for her to let me look at my wife.

I slip on my favorite sneakers, and grab the my set of keys. I head out the door without a second glance back.

***

Three quick taps lure Christina to the door and cause her to open it, revealing a very agitated man. Me.

"What do you want?" she moans. She's wearing an oversized t-shirt and yoga pants and her hair is in a bun with a bunch of loose strands sticking out all over the place. I must have disturbed the princess's beauty sleep. Good.

"To see my wife."

She groans. "No, you have to wait until tomorrow. We went over this. It's ceremonial."

"How?"

"Well, uh... I don't know exactly, but I haven't gone through all this trouble just to have you mess it all up. Now leave before Tris gets curious."

"Wait, she's here?" I crane my neck and try to see deeper into the small apartment.

"Yeah, Uriah dropped her off half an hour ago. She's in the bedroom duct taped to a chair."

"What!" I almost scream.

"Kidding," she laughs. She must see my expression because she puffs out her bottom lip and puts her hands on her hips. "What you can't take a joke?"

"Not when it's not funny," I reply simply. She should know by know that our relationship isn't something to joke about.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry. But you still can't see her. Now go."

She pushes me out the door, but I fight against her. "Tris!" I yell into the apartment.

"Tobias? Is that you?"

"No, no it's not, Tris," says Christina. "He's just leaving now." She shoves me out into the hallway. "Bye Tobias," she says before slamming the door in my face.

"Not so loud," I say against the closed door. "You'll wake the other guests."

"Ha ha very funny," she replies. "Now seriously, go away before I call the cops."

"Okay, I'm going." And for once, I listen to the little pixie without complaint.

***

Unsure of what to do with the rest of my day, I insist on calling Zeke and hanging out with him, unless I'm prohibited to do that, too.

"Hey, man," Zeke says on the second ring. "What's up?"

"You're all I have left."

"What? Sorry I'm confused." I hear him chuckle on the other end.

"I can't talk to anyone else, so do you want to hang out today?"

"Well, I'm glad to know where I stand," he mumbles.

"It's just that-"

"Four, it's okay. I know what it's like."

I quickly try to defend myself. He has no idea what it's like. "No, you don't. Have you ever married the girlfriend you've loved for a year then was told you weren't allowed to see until for forty-eight hours? Unless I'm missing out on some big chunk of your life, I don't think that's ever happened."

"Sorry, man. I'm just trying to make you feel better. I'll be there in ten."

"Okay," I say. "Oh, and Zeke," I say, right as I was about to hang up.

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry. I just get a little defensive sometimes."

"That's alright, don't worry about it. See you soon."

(( Author's Note: Hi everyone! I finally updated! It's been so long since the last one and I'm really sorry. I'll try to get better at doing these things. I've also been working on my other book, Nine, at the same time, so I have to alternate in between updates so the readers of one don't have to wait too long while the other readers get chapter after chapter almost every day.

I recently made an Instagram account for this wattpad account where I'll be posting news, updates, and quotes. If you want to follow me, my username is @rachelwritesbooks08 (same as on wattpad). I'll let you know there if I have to postpone an update or when I update. I might post fan art, but I haven't gotten any yet. *wink wink* ))