Chapter 19

Tobias:

-5 months later-

Preparations for the wedding are underway. The big day is in one week and so Tris and I are very excited, but also a little nervous. We have almost everything done, with the help of Christina, of course. She would be Tris's maid of honor and I asked Zeke to be my best man. They were both really excited to be in the wedding, and did everything they could to help us prepare. Zeke helped my select a tux to wear, as well as one for himself. I've seen the dress Christina is going to wear, but apparently I'm not allowed to see Tris's. Christina said something about "doing things the traditional way."

Right now, I'm at the tailor's, making sure the tux still fits properly. Although, I'm not really sure a person could grow a substantial amount in two months. Zeke is sitting in a chair in front of me, making not-so-helpful comments that I really don't want to repeat.

When it's Zeke's turn to go into the fitting room, he politely declines, but is soon forced into the room by an impatient man, probably upset to have two immature teenagers in his store. I take the opportunity to text Tris.

Me: How's it going?

Tris: Not good. Christina's making me get a veil.

Me: I'll make sure to thank her later.

Tris: Not funny :( So how bout you and Zeke?

Me: He's in the changing room right now. I just finished.

Tris: Great!

Me: Yeah. See you at home! I love you.

Tris: See you then. I love you too.

I look up just in time to see Zeke in his tux, similar to mine, but different in other ways. "Who's bright idea was it to come here anyways?" he mutters.

"Christina's," I say.

"I'll make sure to get her back," he says.

"Careful buddy. You don't want to get arrested."

"Sorry," he says. "So how do I look?" He holds the edges of his blazer and spins around in a circle.

"Amazing," I say sarcastically.

"Thanks," he says.

"Your welcome. Now go change so we can go."

"Don't have to tell me twice."