Chapter 34

Chapter 34

Tris:

(Longer AN at the end :))

He finally pulls away from me and I stick out my bottom lip. His lips curl up into a smirk and he manages a slight chuckle. He incoherently murmurs something in my ear, but due to my labored breathing, I barely comprehend a word he said. "What?" I gasp.

He seems to find this completely and utterly hilarious, because he bursts out laughing, shaking the entire bed. Part of me wonders how the shaky bed frame hasn't collapsed under our pressure, but the other part of me is grateful that we were not buried under a mass of wooden boards and mattress stuffing. I quickly shy away from these thoughts, not wanting to jinx anything.

When he finally calms down, he caresses my cheeks and gazes into my eyes. If I wasn't laying down, I would most definitely have been after said glance. Something about the intensity of his gaze turns me into butter and I can't help but sigh when he looks at me likes this. The effect he has on me should be unhealthy, and I should try to do something about it, but I can never bring myself todo anything of the sort. What can I say? I'm in love.

"I just wanted to let you know that you're beautiful."

My cheeks immediately heat up and turn a deep, rose color. He smiles, something I can't ever get enough of.

He pulls me to him, my back placed flat against his chest, and trails kisses up and down my neck. I let out a sigh and bring my hands up to his head, running my fingers through his hair. I tug slightly on the short curls, earning a slight moan to escape his lips. I smile, contently.

"Thank you so very much, Mr. Eaton."

"Anything for my perfect wife, Mrs. Eaton."

I turn over so I am now facing him and rest my forehead against his. He pecks my nose and moves down to my lips. I kiss him back, slowly, not having the strength to do more. He seems to agree and pulls away all too soon, earning another pout.

"I love you," he says through laughs. "So much."

"I love you, too," I say, snuggling up next to him.

He pulls the sheets over our bare bodies and reaches over to click off the lamp on the hotel nightstand. His arm returns to its original position around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

He is pure perfection. He is mine.

***

5 years later

"Sign here, here, here, date here, and initial here."

The realtor slides the documents across the table to Tobias and I, along with a pen. I greedily take it from his hands and scribble my signature onto the papers. I hand the pen to my husband and he elegantly signs his name on the second line. With a sigh, he returns the papers to the man across the table before taking my hand in his, rubbing slow circles around the back of my hand.

"Well thank you so much for doing business with me," he says, reaching across the desk to shake hands with us. "I hope you will be very comfortable in your new house."

"Thank you," says Tobias, "I'm sure we will be."

We both stand up from the swivel chairs. He reaches his arms out to steady me as I protectively move my hands to hold the large bump emerging from my stomach. I smile, thanking him, then reach to grab my purse and sling it over my shoulder.

The realtor, who's name I have already forgotten, leads us out of his office and back into the lobby. He walks behind the front counter and files our signed documents into a manila folder. He smiles at us, curtly, before approaching another couple seated in the waiting area.