Chapter 23

Tobias:

I actually did it! I actually married Tris! And it was perfect.

"Good job, Four!" says Zeke. He still calls me by my nickname, although he knows my real name. I guess he still does it because it helps us hold on to the factions. They will always be a part of our lives, no matter how hard we try to forget about them.

"Thanks, man!" I say.

"So how was it?" he asks. "Was it...scary?"

"Not as bad as I thought. I was just really nervous. But I couldn't be happier now!"

"Awesome!" he says. "So, uh, when's the after party?! This man needs to dance!"

I laugh along with him. He's always good at breaking the tension. "A couple hours. We wanted to take some pictures first."

"Ah," he says. "Am I invited to this photo shoot?"

"Um, yeah! You're the best man. You can't miss out on this!"

"Awwww yeah!" he says. "When does the limo leave?"

"Five minutes."

"Wait, hold up!" he says. "You actually got a limo?"

"It's tradition!" I say.

"Christina?"

"Christina."

"That explains it."

"Yup," I say.

"Speak of the devil," whispers Zeke, pointing to someone coming from the hallway. Christina.

"Hey," she says. "I heard that!"

Zeke just turns to me and starts snickering. I try to hide my smile, unsuccessfully. Christina looks at us, and crosses her arms. "Real mature you two," she says.

We all start laughing together, until Tris comes down the same hallway that Christina did. "Gee, Christina!" she says. "Did we really have to run? I can't move at all in these shoes!"

"Sorry," says Christina. "But the limo's here! It's time for you two to make your grand exit!"

"Okay," I say, holding Tris's hand. "Let's go."

Christina and Zeke walk out the door to the Church first, and take their place in the crowd.

I kiss Tris on her forehead. "I love you," I say.

"That's why we're here, isn't it?" she says.

I smile and then lead her out the door. The crowd cheers for us, as we weave our way through them to the limo. When they start blowing bubbles, I wonder where they got them, but then see an empty basket by the door. I swear, Christina acts like this wedding is her baby.

When we get to the edge of the crowd, I open the limo door for Tris, and plant a kiss on her cheek when she gets in. I thought they might enjoy that. Myself included.

I climb inside the limo, and Christina and Zeke get in after me. I sit in between Zeke and Tris, and Christina sits next to Tris. "Really, Christina?" I say. "We're the bubbles really necessary?"

"Clearly, you two understand nothing about tradition!"

We all erupt into laughter as the limo pulls away, ending yet another perfect moment.