Shunned by Brenda.

Monday January 5th

Post #31

I know that I'm not the biggest fan of Mondays, but today I absolutely refused to get out of my bed. I'm not even kidding. It seriously came down to my dad coming into my room and whacking me with my own pillow just so that I would get up. Once I was completely awake, I was up and ready in no time. I had so much time on my hands that I even curled my hair. I wasn't exactly excited to be going back to school, but it never hurt to look good.

I climbed into my wagon hungry to get to be on the road. I never thought I'd say this, but it actually felt really good to not be the one in the passenger seat. I picked up both Alison and Melanie who spent the entire way to school marveling at the interior. Melanie couldn't get over the black leather seats and Alison was falling in love with the custom pink accents all over the car.

"So how are things with the boys?" Melanie said.

"If by boys, you mean Steven and Eric, then everything's fine." I said. "I know they still hate each other, but they respect each other when they're around me which is all I wanted from them."

Not knowing how to continue the conversation, Melanie began talking about how weird it was seeing Mr. Summerton dancing with Brenda. Instantly a wave of guilt flashed over me as the image of me tossing a bottle of beer all over my teacher's shirt burned inside my head. "I feel kind of bad for ruining his dance with Brenda though."

Melanie hissed her teeth. "Brenda was going from guy to guy at the party, its not like they're actually together."

"I hope they aren't." Alison said.

When we arrived, I parted from Alison and Melanie who were down in the school's cafe getting breakfast to head to class earlier. I was hoping I'd find Eric who's always there awhile before class starts. But to my surprise, the class was completely empty except for Mr. Summerton. I was ready to bolt down the hallway and act as if I didn't just walk into his classroom, but I ended up pushing myself further into the room and eventually into my desk. It was just the two of us; me crouched in my desk with my face buried into my phone, and him reviewing lesson plans for the week.

"Good morning, Sarah." He broke the silence.

"I'm sorry," I blurted. "I swear to God I didn't mean to spill the beer on your shirt."

"Sarah it's completely fine, it's just a shirt-in fact you can keep it." He said. "Think of it as a souvenir."

"But it isn't only about the shirt," I started. "I feel like I interfered with your thing with Brenda and I want you to know that I didn't mean to."

"There's nothing going on between Brenda and I. She was wasted, I was in my own world-but that's it. You didn't do anything wrong, Sarah-I promise."

I smiled letting him know that the burden I thought I was carrying was gone.

Being a junior, I have the blessing to go outside the school during my lunch period; so Alison and I usually go out to eat somewhere. But today-like an idiot, I decided that it would be good for us to eat at school. Only to walk into the cafeteria and be mobbed by a bunch of people and have phones shoved in my face. I couldn't make out anything on the bright screens around as I struggled to get away from the crowd of people. Kristen came running over alongside Melanie who was threatening to beat the hell out of anyone who wouldn't get away from me. She ended up hurting a good amount of people by the way.

When things cleared up, Kristen enlightened me of the tons of pictures of people in photos of me on Instagram. Instagram. I got mobbed by a bunch of juniors because of a couple of pictures on Instagram.