Un-Break My Heart.

Wednesday November 26th

Post #9

On wednesday morning I handed my paper to Mr. Summerton feeling my ninety eight percent in his class drop to a high "B". I spent a good amount of effort and time on this assignment, but it always comes down to the content itself-which I wasn't proud of.

"I'll have these graded and entered in the grade book by tonight, you can come to me after school if you really want to know your score."

What I loved about Mr. Summerton only having three classes to teach, is he had a lot of spare time to get things graded fast. But I wasn't interested in receiving my grade for this assignment any time soon.

My concerned mood only worsened when Dean Gordon walked in and took a look at my purple bustier top and floral skater skirt.

"That's kind of inappropriate Sarah, don't you think?" He turned away and walked out of the room after handing Mr. Summerton his attendance logs.

"He's a chubby asshole Sarah, don't let him bother you." Kristen said.

Everyone was shocked to hear the words come from her mouth. Both Alison and Mr. Summerton shot me a "did I miss something" look as they struggled to believe Kristen Howard would have ever said that to me.

Today was the last day of school before Thanksgiving break and surprisingly we didn't do anything except watch movies. In Mr. Summerton's class, I was once again paying semi-attention to the screen when Mr. Summerton took the seat behind me holding a paper in his hand.

"Sarah, I was just reading your paper-"

"I know, I'm so sorry. I started ranting and I got off topic but I swear to you that I tried." I covered my face out of shame. Who else do you know that would apologize for writing a lousy paper?

"No, the reason I came over here is because it's good. The paper is excellent." He was trying to keep his voice low as his minty breath repeatedly hit the side of my face. "You did start ranting but you brought up a valid point I hadn't even thought to address."

"So does this mean I get an A?"

He laughed. "Yes you'll get your A, but I'd like to publish this on the school's blog-with your permission of course. You have a good argument, you back it up, you relate it to yourself and the society and I completely agree with you that more people should take note of this."

I would've asked Mr. Summerton if he was high or had smoked a pound or two of joints, because there was no way in hell my little paper was that good. "Mr. Summerton I don't feel like this is my best work at all. But I don't mind you publishing it. This paper sucks but I do think it has a good message, so sure."

What the hell was I thinking? Clearly I wasn't. I handed him the flash drive with my paper on it and watched the mental play in my head where I become the laughing stock of Suncrest High.

When Alison and I hopped into my dad's car I knew there had to be something going on. My dad hated Suncrest and only came to my school if something happened to Adam and I.

"Hey sweetie," he said adjusting the volume of his radio. "And Alison."

Alison was probably my only friend who understood my dad's way of joking and actually went along with it.

"Did Adam get into another fight?" I asked.

"No, but he did tell me about Mr. Gordon's remark about your outfit so I thought I should pay him a visit."

I wasn't surprised that Adam told my dad. He enjoyed watching him spazz out on people too much to pass up the offer. My dad was always making comments about my skirts and how they were slowly killing him but he was never serious. We were going back to my dad's office to wait for my mom to come pick us up. My mom just remembered that thanksgiving is tomorrow and planned an emergency shopping trip to the store.