This Christmas.

Thursday December 25th

Post #28

I wanted to wake up this Christmas morning to the smell of a winter candle burning and my mom's famous pancakes that could put iHop out of business. Instead I woke up to my screaming glowing red father. Yep, my dad came into my room this morning, saw Steven laying on my bed and freaked the fuck out. He began whacking Steven with a broom yelling for him to get out of our house. My mom came rushing into the room only to be disappointed.

"This is what you're throwing a tantrum about?" She said rolling her eyes.

"Isabella what the hell is he doing in Sarah's bed?" He watched Steven closely, gripping the broom tightly.

"Dad relax, he fell asleep trying to keep me company."

"Antonio you're getting worked up over nothing. I said Steven could crash at our house since he was only in town for Sarah's birthday."

We all attempted to help my dad make sense of what was going on but he still wasn't convinced.

"Were you having birthday sex with my daughter?"

I buried my face into my hands out of embarrassment.

"No sir, I have no idea how your daughter looks unclothed."

"Good-because you aren't suppose to. You keep your tic-tac in your pants and away from my daughter, do you understand? Now get the hell in the bathroom and get yourself cleaned up for breakfast young man." On Steven's way out of my room my dad "playfully" gave a good whack on the back of his head.

I couldn't believe my dad thought I was careless enough to do it with Steven and let him fall asleep in my bed. But I was in too good of a mood to pay my dad's irrational behavior any mind.

"So Steven, when's your flight back to New York?" My father was incredibly eager for Steven to be gone.

"I'm leaving later this afternoon, I just wanted to spend some of my Christmas with Sarah," he winked at me.

"So did I." My dad said staring at him coldly.

Unable to adapt to the tension swallowing the room, I cleared my throat and changed the subject.

"So dad guess who's going driving today?" I exclaimed.

"Today? Don't you want to spend Christmas with everyone? Jessie and Lena will be here in a few hours."

"Well I'll only be out for a few hours. I just want to enjoy my new car." I protested.

"Honey she's right. She should go out and have a little fun with her car."

He looked from me to Steven sternly as he struggled to hold back what he wanted to say. "Alright you can go." He turned to face Steven. "But if she comes back pregnant, I'll kill you."

"He doesn't mean that, Steven." My mom said giving my dad a good kick underneath the table.

"Yes, I do." He said. "I'll seriously kill you the moment I suspect you're having sex with my daughter."

I hopped into the front seat of my wagon shaking with excitement. I still couldn't get over the fact that me, Sarah DeMarte, would be the one behind the wheel from now on. I'll admit that the entire time I was on the road I was convinced I was going to kill someone-I'm not exactly the best driver. When I decided to bring Steven along, I thought he'd help me take my mind off of the curbs I'm sure I'd ran over. But having him keep me company was as good my driving.

"Are you sure you don't want me to drive? I think you've killed enough pedestrians for one day," he joked.

"Go suck it, Steven, seriously."