Tan Legs and Muscle Tees.

Tuesday November 10th

Post #4

I've never understood my dad's job as head of marketing, but I always feel sophisticated whenever I'm at his office. Even though my pencil skirt and white button up was nothing compared to my dad's navy blue suit and polished black dress shoes, I felt like one of those serious business woman I see on TV.

My dad's colleagues and coworkers are always incredibly sweet to me. His secretary, Brenda is always the first to greet me when I stop by his job. Then on our way to my dad's office, we pass other offices and booths where people greet us simultaneously.

"Are you sure you don't want to hang out at home? My job isn't exactly Disneyland." My dad said starting up his laptop.

"I'm positive. Besides I can organize papers for you, or make phone calls." I offered.

"How about I give you a couple of bucks and you can go do some early Christmas shopping?" He said eager to get me to leave him alone.

"You know me so well." I said taking the cash.

The first thing to greet me when I got outside was the warm weather; the beaming sun comforted my tan legs as I made my way to The Plaza. My dad's office is located in the city near the best restaurants and high end stores. I've never been a fan of shopping alone but I enjoyed being able to clear my thoughts as I made my way up and down the crowded streets. I know it isn't exactly Christmas time, but it's always better to start buying gifts when everything's on sale.

I immediately thought of Alison when I saw the ruffled white dress in the boutique window and knew I had to buy it. Whenever I tell her that white brings out the green in her eyes, she insists that I have no clue what I'm talking about. I bought a few more gifts from that boutique then headed into the hardware store for wrapping paper.

I had been standing at the counter waiting for some assistance when someone finally showed up.

"Shouldn't you be in school?" The boy said scanning my items. He had warm tanned skin and dark spiky hair and the prettiest olive eyes.

"I could ask you the same thing."

He laughed showing off his perfect white teeth. "I'm home schooled."

"That still doesn't explain the vest." I said hinting at the fact that he was working during school hours.

He was staring at my shopping bags in confusion when he asked, "Why so many bags?"

"Christmas shopping," I told him.

He smirked to himself and handed me my bag. "Hey aren't you Isabella Magiano's daughter?" He said I looked just like her.

I smiled as I always did when people saw my mom when they looked at me.

"What's your name?" I asked

"Steven."

I didn't think I'd remember his name but I thought it was the polite thing to do. I collected my bags and headed for the door.

"Is this seat taken?" A lady said coming up to the bench I was sitting on. I turned around to see Brenda standing over me. I motioned for her to have a seat hoping she'd explain what she was doing downtown.

"Your dad told me to go look for you and make you sure you got back to his office safely." She explained.

"I'll call him and tell him that I'm fine."

I don't have anything against Brenda, I've just never been a fan of my dad's secretaries. None of them have tried to end my parent's marriage but they've all had a thing for my dad. So far, Brenda hasn't shown any interest in my dad.