Sunday at Seven.

Friday November 13th

Post #6

I walked up the school steps with my black skirt blowing in the wind, preparing myself for the worst day ever. I had assumed Kristen told everyone about me calling her a skanky bitch, and mentally readied myself for the hate I was sure to get. So when I stepped foot inside of Suncrest High, you could imagine my face when Lizzie Miller along with the rest of the school's cheerleading squad started playing with my hair and complimenting my strapped heels. It's not like they were ever mean to me but I was pretty sure Lizzie was a friend of Kristen's.

In Mr. Summeton's class Eric was sitting in my seat next to Alison, who can I just say looked utterly annoyed.

"You look gorgeous." Eric said getting out of my chair.

"That color does bring out your eyes." Kristen said agreeing with Eric. She was wearing a crop top that she paired with black leggings and had her hair pulled back into a ponytail. Not knowing how I should have responsed to her compliment, I thanked her and sat down.

"My day was great." I said sliding into the back seat of my mom's car next to Jessie after school ended. We were taking this Friday to go gift shopping for Christmas because the sales in November were always too good to pass up.

"Hey Mrs. DeMarte." Alison said joining us in the car. She greeted Jessie and Angelina once she realized we weren't the only ones in the car.

While my mom and her sister talked amongst themselves in Italian, Jessie, Alison, and I struck up a conversation of our own.

"Just say the word and I'll beat her ass for you." Jesse said when I told her about Harper.

"She's not really worth it." I assured her.

We split up when we arrived to the plaza downtown. My mom and Angelina went to a home decor store, while Jessie, Alison and I headed over to one of the clothing boutiques.

"Is this too scandalous?" Alison said stepping out of the changing booth in a creme colored dress.

"It's perfect," said Jessie.

We tried on half of the clothes in the boutique and bought forty  percent of that. Feeling good about the new clothes I couldn't wait to wear, I walked out with sixty new pictures on my phone-mostly of Jesse, and a ton of things to wrap.

We were walking out of the store when my phone rang. "Hey Sarah, you should swing by my job later if you have time." Melanie said.

Forgive me for not believing Melanie even has a job, seeing as she never mentions where she works. I told her that I'd let her know if I could and hung up.

The smell of wood spray and tools filled my nose as we walked into a new store. We were standing near the entrance as Jessie skimmed the isles of the hardware store.

"Hey hollywood!" a tanned boy said coming up to me. "Do you remember me?"

He smiled, flashing his white teeth at me. "Hey Steven." I said hoping I guessed his name right.

"I never got your name."

I introduced myself, Alison, and Jesse to Steven. "Do you have a girlfriend?" Jessie asked.

"Nah," he replied. "I'm single."

I couldn't get over the way Steven's olive colored eyes gleamed under the store's lights. They weren't the mucky dark eyes that had "mysterious" written all over them, but they were definitely intriguing.

"Good," Alison said interrupting my thoughts. "So is Sarah."

"Yeah." Jessie added. "Sarah's really interested in you. She talks about you all the time."