Thanksgiving.

Thursday November 27th

Post #10

Forgive me if this post is super short, my day was exhausting and I just want to go to bed.

I woke up pretty early this morning to check if my mom needed help with anymore food. As I said in one of my older posts, we don't really celebrate Thanksgiving, we just spend the entire day together. Instead of sitting down to breakfast, we went to a little café shop.

"Angelina and the girls should already be here, where are they?" My mom was impatiently staring out the glass windows for my aunt's black Mercedes to appear.

My dad jumped at the sound of Aunt Angelina's name and mumbled a few swear words under his breath.

"Antonio relax, her cooking isn't nearly as bad as you like think it is."

We were huddled around the steel tables coated in black paint waiting for Angelina, Jessie, and Lena to get there.

The golden brown walls gave the cafe a soft warm vibe as the smell of freshly baked breads filled the bakery. The cafe wasn't as busy as it usually is this Thursday morning but it remained opened as it sat comforted by it's neighboring stores. I had downed half of my Frappuccino by the time Jessie and Lena arrived at the store.

"I'm sorry we took so long to get here, I couldn't get Lena to get out of bed. " My aunt said taking the food my mom ordered for her. "So where are we heading?"

I found it hard to believe I hadn't asked my dad about this trip he planned either. He gave us several options, but we ended up in my mom's white Escalade with my aunt following behind us on our way to an amusement park.

"What happened to that kid you went to the amusement park with?" Adam asked me.

I'd refrained from telling Adam about my annoyance with Steven fearing he'd hop in his car and go beat him up. "We're hanging out again on Sunday." It wasn't exactly an explanation, but it wasn't a lie either.

Stepping out of the car, I gathered my bag and phone as my biker boots crunched on top of the pasty pebbles. The sun beamed brightly in the crystal winter sky as we made our way to the ticket booth. My dad and Adam departed in one direction to test their manhood on the dangerous rides while Jessie and I strode around the park.

"What's up with you?"

You could almost never sneak a lie pass Jessie, but I wasn't in the mood for ranting-that's what this blog is for. "Nothing," I said forcing my best smile.

Not even for a second did she buy it. "Is it that Eric kid, is he bothering you? Did Steven break up with you? I swear to god I am going to murder-"

"Steven and I were never going out." I interrupted. "It was just a date."

Catching the bitter tone in my voice, Jessie stopped in front of a bench and set me down. "Spill it."

I told her about Megan and about the fact that she fairly resembles Barbie irritated me.

"Don't tell me you're jealous of her?" She said. "Sarah, you are beyond beautiful and you're an amazing girl with the perfect personality. And I'm not just saying that because I want your boots, I mean it."

I'm not exactly the jealous type, but seeing Steven with another girl who was (in my eyes) better looking than me made my skin crawl.

"I'm not jealous, I just don't want to be toyed with. He didn't have time to talk to me after our date but he had time to go shopping with his mom's assistant."

"Wait a minute, that whore works for his mom?" I didn't believe it either, which is why when I explained Megan's role as a house sitter to Jessie the words didn't sit right with my tongue.