Only Because This Is Prada.

Thursday November 12th

Post #5

When I woke up this Thursday morning I thought I'd be happy to go back to school. I had threw on a dark cardigan over my light blue fitted top to go with my dark jeans.

"Finally." My dad said referring to my jeans.

"Good morning to you too, dad."

Adam had taken off earlier to go take Emily to school even though he wouldn't be joining her. Today was my first day back after being suspended and it started off...noisy.

My mom spent the entire way to school talking about getting myself a car.

"What was the point of getting your license if you don't want to drive?" She asked whenever she drove me somewhere.

My parents had tried many times to get me a car after I got my driver's license but I never let them go through with it. I'm too afraid that I'll jump into a car and run everyone over but my parents insists that I start driving.

"You'll be eighteen next month." She said.

Just as a disclaimer, in my state the average junior is seventeen turning eighteen; and the average senior is eighteen turning nineteen. I just thought I'd put that out there so you all didn't think that everyone in my grade was held back because we're all turning eighteen junior year. I'm actually decently smart; in fact I have enough credits to graduate because of all the tutoring my dad put me through but I haven't decided if I will or not. When we arrived to my school my mom walked with me to Mr. Summerton's class, then left me to go talk to the principal.

"It's good to see you back in class, Sarah." Mr. Summerton said taking the papers I handed him.

"It's my job to provide a safe learning environment so I need to know now if you're comfortable being in class with Eric Anderson."

"I'll be fine," I told him.

It's not like avoiding him will make the situation any better. For the next few minutes Mr. Summerton showed me a couple of things he went over while I was gone. He didn't say so, but I knew he was trying to prevent me from noticing the stares I was getting as the class filled up.

"We're glad to have you back, Sarah." A few people would say when they recognized me.

I was talking to Alison when a kid in my class walked up to my desk.

"Hey Sarah," he said. "I almost didn't recognize you in those jeans. Anyways, I'm glad you're back. Class is pretty boring without you."

I didn't expect anyone to say anything to me. I didn't even expect anyone to miss me so I was incredibly shocked when people smiled and told me how happy they were to see me. I mean, I don't really talk in class. I sit in the back on the far left of the side and stare outside of the window half of the time. I've always been more reserved to the point where people admitted that they'd forgotten I was ever in the class. So I especially didn't think me being gone for a few days would effect anyone.

"Don't get too excited," Kristen said. "People are only talking to you because your brother won a fight."

"Kristen, you and I both know that's a lie. So turn around and shut up." When I realized the voice was coming from Sabrina I smiled and thanked her. She hardly ever speaks during class let alone against Kristen.

"Wow Sarah, when are you going to stop paying people to stand up for you? You're a vulnerable, pathetic, afraid little girl." Kristen said.

This was the same girl I told myself to ignore for the past two years. I had dealt with numerous girls like her since the fourth grade. Who wanted nothing but to see me breakdown and hurt.