Jessica.

Saturday November 7th

Post #2

Last week I wouldn't have believed it was already November, but with the sweater weather and piles of leaves everywhere it's pretty clear that the year is coming to an end.

My hair was still curly from the last time I curled my hair so I didn't do much except brush it out a bit. Today was Saturday and as usual, I had nothing to do. Alison slept over last night but we hadn't didn't plan to do anything significant today.

"Promise me you'll never dye your hair." Alison said still wrapped up in my blankets. "And that you'll help me redo my room."

My room was connected to a bathroom and an open space which became a walk-in closet. When my parents agreed to let me have it, I redecorated everything. I painted the walls a soft pink, except for the wall against my bed which I put this black and silver wallpaper on hoping it would make my room "pop". The mountains of posters and tons of colors are what makes my room look so full but it's really just a gigantic room full of space.

As if my mom knew we were awake, she came prancing into my room with a huge smile pasted on her face. "I'm glad you girls are awake, breakfast is ready." She was dolled up in a sharp fitted gray dress and a pair of black stilettos. Her hair was pulled to side in a set of curls complimenting her rosy cheek bones.

"Your mom makes me feel self conscious." Alison whispered as we headed downstairs.

I told her to join the club.

"Good morning family." My dad exclaimed coming down the stairs in a oversized shirt and Calvin Klein boxers. "And Alison."

"Dad don't you want to put some pants on? We have a guest." Adam suggested.

"Son, when you pay a couple of the bills for this house, then we'll talk about my pants." My dad said taking a seat at the table.

But he quickly got right back up when he saw my mom giving him "the look".

"We're all going ice skating today." My mom announced once we settled down for breakfast. She suggested that Adam bring Emily so she could get use to being around our family, and then he realized my mom was allowing her to come on the trip to Florida.

"Sarah when are you going to get someone special to bring on a family trip?" My dad asked.

"Maybe when you stop threatening to kill every guy that walks within a ten mile radius of our daughter she will." My mom intruded.

"Good point."

After falling down on the ice rink so much that my messy bun dissolved, I thought about not getting back up anymore. My butt was freezing and sore, and holding on to Alison's hand didn't help like I thought it would. I'm not intending to brag, but I live in such a beautiful community; the scenery here is beyond perfect. You can always count on Suncrest to have the singing ice cream trucks driving around and of course all of the community buildings provide so many things to do. A couple of hours later, Adam and Emily had taken off to the lake for a picnic. My parents went to the movie theatres. And Alison and I took a taxi back home because we'all both be alone forever.

I came this close to dying when I unlocked my door to find my cousin Jessie lounging in our living room. Don't get me wrong, I've missed her so much but I didn't want her to think it was okay to break into my house. "I didn't break in, I used my key." She explained.

"When did you get a key to my house?"

"I made a copy when you left yours at my house." She said as if it was okay to go around making copies of people's keys.