Flashback.

Monday November 24th

Post #8

Usually on Mondays, I'm not busting out of my bed to get to school. But this morning I couldn't wait to be out of my house. The weather had only gotten colder, and a skirt or dress wasn't an option anymore. I through on a long sleeved dark blue flannel and a pair of light wash jeans to go with my black combat boots. I was running a little late so my breakfast consisted of a frappuccino from Starbucks and a breakfast sandwich from McDonald's.

While riding to school with my dad, I was wondering what could possibly scream "pay attention to me" more than his black Lamborghi. When we arrived at the school, people immediately started crowding around my dad's car making it impossible to get out.

"Back up, or I'll run over your toes." My dad said rolling down the window. For the fun of it, he flipped a couple of people off then drove towards the parking lot.

"Great." I muttered to myself.

"Hey are you alright? I just heard about the huge crowd bothering you and dad." I forgotten that Adam was allowed back in school now. He departed from his soccer buddies who were all staring at us as we talked. Before I continue with how my day went, let me just say when you have an older brother on a soccer team with a bunch of hot guys, its not all that fun. They can flirt with my friends and compliment my mom, but if they so much as use my name and the word "hot" in the same sentence, Adam will literally break them.

He walked with me to Mr. Summerton's class in case anyone else wanted to get a closer look at me and he needed to set them straight. Lizzie Miller was holding a cover of Fashion Weekly which-of course-had the picture of my family at dinner on Friday.

In Mr. Summerton's class, Alison jumped up the moment she saw me, squealing with excitement. She was jumping out of her pants because the papparazi thought she was Adam's girlfriend. I immediately started telling her about my date last night when she signaled for me to turn around. A few rows away from us sat Eric Anderson who made no effort to make it look like he wasn't listening. The room had become uncontrollably quiet, as we sat in the awkward silence.

I didn't recognize Eric when I first walked in-his hair was ruffed up that made him look...well, attractive. I left my seat and approached him hoping I could convince him that I wasn't trying to make him feel bad.

"So who's the lucky guy?"

I looked at him confused. "What?"

"Who's your boyfriend?"

I didn't know how to respond to his question seeing as I didn't even know where Steven and I stood-relationship wise. Do people usually go steady after one date? I wouldn't exactly know. "I don't have a boyfriend."

He smiled to himself. "But are you available?"

I don't know, was I? "I only came over here to tell you that I wasn't trying to brag about my 'relationship'."

"You should give me a chance, Sarah." He tried as I started to get up. "I'm honestly not that bad of a guy."

Well it was too late for that, I wanted to say. I had already started something with Steven and I wasn't exactly back on good terms with Eric. I don't know what to call that "something", but I was obviously into him and he was into me.

"As you all know, thanksgiving break begins on Thursday." Mr. Summerton said after ordered me to take my seat and took his place in front of the room. The class let out an orchestra of enthusiastic cheers before he could finish his sentence. "Don't get too excited, because you all have a paper to write."

I understood the disappointed moaning and heavy sighing my classmates were letting out, but it was a simple task he was asking if us. We could write about anything pertaining to the idea of being thankful, and the paper was due Wednesday.