Cheers to the New Year.

Wednesday December 31st

Post #29

I feel like I've just been writing about parties lately; today is Wednesday which also happens to be New Year's Eve. The house, still coated with red and green Christmas decorations, was already setup for my parent's crazy party bound to happen later on tonight. My parents always throw a huge New Year's Eve party in honor of the holiday season. It's hardly ever hosted at our house in case someone "accidently" steals something. But due to the baby brewing inside of my mom, we thought it'd be a good idea to have my mom in a place where she can excuse herself whenever she needs to.

"I swear to God if one single thing goes missing-" My dad started.

"Nothing's going to go missing honey, have a little more faith in your friends." My mom was always trying to convince my dad to be a little more "positive" or "faithful" when it comes to other people.

"Isabella, half of the people coming to our house tonight aren't really our friends." He argued.

"I know, but they're our associates and they're excited about the baby."

"What baby? Your stomach looks exactly the way it did when you were on the cover of Sports Illustrated."

She began to blush as she giggled behind her magazine. "I'll take it you're trying to compliment me into cancelling the party?"

"Well I'm not denying it," he smirked. "Besides, why would I want to have a bunch of starving models running around my house when I have you all to myself." They began kissing all over each other as if they were teenagers again.

"It never hurts to get a room you guys," Adam said coming into the kitchen.

My parents ignored him and went back to their conversation that I chose to mute out. Adam and I were alone in the kitchen but he seemed more interested in the wooden cupboards than me. The last time he and I had a real conversation was on my birthday in the car when he offered to give Emily my birthday cake and I got offended. Can you believe that was a wrek ago and he still hasn't talked to me?

I was having a hard time understanding why whatever I said effected him so much but I was eager to destroy the tension. "Are you inviting Emily over for the party?" I cheered.

"Why? So you can make her feel unwelcomed just like everyone else does?"

I wanted to ask him what in the hell was up his ass but my gut was telling me that wasn't the right approach.

"I'm not surprised that Jessie and Alison aren't satisfied with Emily." Well yeah, Alison practically loves you and Jessie's never satisfied with anything if it's not related to sex. "But I didn't expect you to be so rude to her."

"I'm not rude to her Adam-I just don't feel like she's completely honest with you all the time."

He rolled his eyes and turned his back on me.

"Adam you've always been really protective over me," I said trying to sound calm. "Something tells me Emily isn't right for you. I don't know where this feeling comes from but I trust it."

"I'm not asking for your approval, Sarah; but I would appreciate your support. The last thing I want is my little sister telling me how to run my relationship."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "Fine, I'll stay out your relationship. And in return you can keep your bad comments about Steven to yourself."

He smiled to let me know we were on good terms and I headed upstairs to get ready to go to Steven's.

When I finally reached the Madden house and Steven answered the door, I couldn't resist the urge to hug him. I rushed into his arms throwing my hands around his neck, and kicked the door behind me shut. It was the perfect moment. His arms were wrapped tightly around me-making my back arch like crazy, but I loved it. I loved the way my body began to tingle against his warm magnetic touch. I pressed my lips against his kissing them softly, embracing him more and more every time.