Intruder.

Friday December 5th

Post #16

During the entire time I was in school, I watched the time go by. Even Mr. Summerton, who always had something fun planned on Fridays couldn't get me to pay attention. I was looking forward to the weekend and I desperately wanted school to be over. So when the 3:35 bell rang, I hopped into Eric's car only interested in going home.

"Are you alright?" Eric asked. "You barely talked at all today."

"I'm fine, I'm just ready for the break." I was excited to go to Florida and not have to go to school for two weeks. "Are you going anywhere special for winter break?"

"My sister thinks we should go to Texas but I think we're staying home this year." He said.

"Everyone's staying home this year." My family rarely gets a break from work, so we're always flying off somewhere the first chance we get.

"By everyone you mean Steven, right?" My face tightened a bit as I shot Eric a stern look. "What do you see in that guy?"

"Eric, I don't have to explain my choices to you. If you're going to be my friend that's great, but don't question my decisions."

He sighed. "I'm sorry, I just feel like you would be better off without him-or with me."

Is it weird that I found what he said kind of...sweet? Of course, I was a little annoyed with how he dissed my relationship with Steven but I liked that he was forward about it. We sat in silence for a while until he started talking about football.

"You should come to my game." He pleaded. "It's the last game of the season and I could really use your support."

"Sure, I'll come but you're an amazing player-with or without my support I know you'd win." Even though Eric just completely bashed Steven, I couldn't help but be nice to him.

"Thanks but if I was amazing, I'd be the star quarterback or the most valuable player."

"Well maybe you can prove your strengths at this upcoming game and show your team your true potential."

I gave him my words of advice right when we pulled up in front my house. Neither my mom or dad's car was parked in the driveway which meant Eric wasn't allowed inside. Even though Adam's dark car sat stationed in the garage, Eric knew he'd still have to leave.

There was no sign of Adam when I walked through the front door of my house. And I assumed no one was home because everything looked just as it did this morning. I grabbed a poptart from one of the pantries in the kitchen and headed upstairs for my room. I walked into Adam's room because that's just what you do when you're home alone-you go in everyone else's room. Except I wasn't home alone.

It turns out that Adam was home and he was joined by Emily who was under the covers with him. Fortunately, they were too busy to notice that I'd entered the room, so I closed the door quietly and ran to my room. I'm no idiot, I knew Adam wasn't a virgin but I never really thought he was actually screwing around in our house. I grabbed some headphones and my phone and went outside to camp out in Adam's car. I preferred lounging in his car than accepting that my brother was screwing his girlfriend across the hall.

At exactly six o'clock  my mom pulled her car into the driveway. When she noticed the yellow light shining in Adam's car, she came knocking on the car window looking utterly confused.

When I stepped out of the car she asked me why the hell I wasn't in the house. "I didn't want to invade Adam and Emily's privacy." I explained.

Thinking I meant Adam and Emily were just trying to be romantic, she still looked at me confused. "Ugh, I've had a long day at work; Sarah just come inside."

I followed behind my mom inside and hurried to my room.  I guessed that Adam and Emily were probably done but I cared more about Alison being on her way over to my house than what he and Emily were doing.

"I wish I was the one Adam was on top of." I explained everything to Alison who still couldn't get over the fact that it was going on for hours.

"Because I'm his sister, when you say things like that I throw up a little in my mouth." I was scarred for life and Alison fangirling over Adam wasn't helping.

My dad came home just in time for dinner. My mom prepared some of her best dishes in honor of Emily and Alison who were sleeping over tonight.

"Are you alright, Sarah? You barely touched your steak." My dad asked setting down his wine glass.

"I'm fine, I just saw something that made me loose my appetite."

Not knowing I was referring to him, Adam threw me a joke. "Did you take a picture?"

"I wish she did." Alison mumbled.

"So Emily are you excited to go to Florida?" My mom's always happy to see my friends and Adam's spend time with the family.

"Yeah, I seriously can't wait. Thank you so much for inviting me; I still can't believe I'm going to Florida with you guys." There is something about how innocent Emily looks that brings out the sweetness in her voice.

"Well believe it because we're going to have a great time." My dad assured.

The bigger the meal, the larger the amount of dishes, remember that. I was scrubbing the dishes when Emily offered to lend me a hand. My mom and dad had gone upstairs, and Adam was teaching Alison how to play pool. I assured her that I didn't mind washing the dishes alone, but Emily insisted that I let her help me. So in a rushed ponytail with her sleeves pulled up, Emily dried while I washed and rinsed.

"What made you loose your appetite?" She wondered.

"Um, I don't think you want to know that."

It took her a minute but she realized what I meant. "Oh my god." She muttered. "That's so embarrassing."

Laughing at her stunned reaction, I let her know that she didn't have to be embarrassed. "It happens to us all." I told her. 

Her face resembled a tomato and I could see the steam hovering over her cheeks. "How much did you hear?"

"Enough."

We didn't talk for awhile, as Emily still couldn't get over how exposed she felt. So I tried changing the subject. "You should come to the game with me next Friday." I suggested to take her mind off things."It's the last game of the season and you can think of it as us bonding." It was obvious that Emily would be apart of our family for awhile so I think we might as well start acknowledging that.

To my surprise, Emily agreed to come. "Yeah, I love football." She said. "I've always wanted to bring one of those huge "Kiss Me" posters to a football game and be on the jumbo tron."

Once we were finished cleaning up downstairs we headed to the basement to join Adam and Alison. They were competing against each other in a game of Call of Duty-Alison blushing over how close she was to Adam while he urged for her to take cover.

After hours of trying to get more kills than Adam, I realized how late it was. Alison and Emily had gone to bed and it was just Adam and I. I was getting tired but I could never turn down an opportunity to spend time with my brother. It's just been the two of us my entire life and he's probably leaving for college right when he gets out of school which means I'll never see him. So I stayed up longer until Adam finally convinced me to get some sleep. When I refused to go upstairs, he slung me over his shoulder and carried me to my bed; I know, I have a pretty awesome brother.