CHAPTER 33: His Effort

CHRIS' POV

I already prepared everything. I did my best to make this day special, not for me nor for her, but for the both of us. I even gave the childish couple a task to fulfill to make sure that everything will go as planned. I want everything to be perfect and special. It's the time that I've been waiting for and I want this moment to be the most remarkable event of her life which she can treasure and reminisce anytime she want which will make her smile.

"Bro, are you ready for tonight's biggest event?" Peter asked in a playful tone which made me ask myself too with the same question.

Am I ready? Yes, I'm prepared for the event. But being ready to carry out the plan and for the aftermath of it is a different thing.

Peter is the only one who's beside me and he also put a lot of effort into it. Just like me, he also made sure to make this night the most special night of all. The others guys knew everything about it but I'm not expecting them to support nor help me with this. It's obvious that they are not in favor with my choice for unknown reason. I can't really understand why they can't accept Mary and why they can't be happy for the both of us especially for me as my best friends.

"I'm born ready," I proudly said which made him chuckle.

"Wait. Have you checked the venue? Is everything fine? Did you do what I asked you to do?" I diverted the topic because I haven't checked it yet and I am not certain if he already fulfilled his task.

Bigla na lang akong nakaramdam ng kakaibang kaba kaya sunod-sunod ang naging tanong ko kay Peter. Baka mamaya ay hindi pa pala niya nagagawa ang pinagagawa ko sa kaniya.

"Yeah, I'm done with everything, lover boy," he teased me with a playful smile as he tapped my shoulder.

"Tss," I hissed.

Nagpabalik-balik ako ng lakad sa harapan niya para isipin kung may hindi pa ba ako nagagawa. I need to make sure that everything is settled.

"What about Sheena? Did you already tell her what to do?" muling tanong ko sa kaniya nang maalala kong si Sheena ang may pinakamalaking parte sa planong 'to.

Nakasalalay kay Sheena ang lahat. Sa oras na hindi siya nagtagumpay sa task niya ay mababalewala ang lahat ng pinaghirapan ko.

"U-huh. You have nothing to worry about. Maaasahan ang bhe ko puwera na nga lang sa sikreto," natatawang sagot niya habang nakatanaw sa malayo na may nagniningning na mga mata.

Tss. He's daydreaming again.

If everything is settled, then I just have to worry about one thing which is the most essential and special of all. It's her. What if she refuse to be there?

"What about Mary? Are you certain that she'll come? What if-"

"Bro, relax. Daig mo pa ang sasabak niyan sa giyera," natatawang pag-awat niya sa 'kin.

"But what if something goes wrong? You can't blame me if I act like this. Dito nakasalalay ang lahat! I want her to remember this moment for the rest of her life!" Hindi ko na napigilan pa ang bahagyang pagtaas ng boses ko sa sobrang pag-aalala ko sa mga maaaring mangyari na hindi naaayon sa plano ko.

"I understand what you are feeling right now, bro. I also felt the same thing before." He gave me a reassuring smile as if he was saying that everything will be all right.