Chapter 59: Chicken Soup And An Apology

SHORT CHAPTER! I'M SORRY :(

~My POV~

The second I got home, I went straight to bed. I didn't go to sleep or anything, but I just lied here and watched T.V.

Casey randomly comes into my room and asks if I needed anything. "You should probably have some soup or something." She suggested. I gagged when I heard her say soup. I know it's good for a cold, but I never really liked soup.

"You mind making me a bowl?" I asked her, coughing more afterward. She nodded and left the room. Again, I really hate soup with a passion, but I hate being sick even more. Hopefully I'll feel slightly better tomorrow.

Out of nowhere, I hear a knock on the door. I look toward the door. "Casey, you don't have to knock, you know." I called, assuming it was Casey. The door opened, and I randomly see Mark come inside the room. What the fuck is he doing here?

"Hey, Ashley." He said, looking at me laying in my bed. I just waved at him and coughed again. This coughing thing will be the last to go whenever I get better. Every time I get sick, everything goes away except for my cough. My sore throat goes away a day later, I stop sniffling, but the cough symptom lingers. And coughing is the worst of it all.

"What are you doing here?" I asked in a raspy tone. He just chuckled. "Your voice sounds funny when you're sick." He pointed out. I flipped him off and lied back more on the bed. He walked over to me after shutting the door and sat in my desk chair. "I just wanted to talk to you about something." He started. I looked at him with my tired eyes and listened.

He leaned forward in his chair. "I wanted to apologize again for leading you on and whatnot. I honestly had feelings for you, but I think I acted on them wrong." He said. I rolled my eyes. "You think?" I repeated. Mark sighed and looked down at the floor. "I know." He corrected.

"And I'm not saying this because I left Erin, but I still love you Ashley." He admitted. My heart stopped for a second. I never really had anyone tell me they love me (other than my friends), So receiving love always made me react weird.

He flashed a smile at me after saying that, expecting me to smile back. "Well, the way you played me didn't seem like your feelings were real." I reminded him. "We never even went on one date together. All we did was fuck multiple times."

"I know, and I'm so sorry about that." He repeated.

"If you're so sorry, then take me out somewhere." I said. Mark just nodded. "Where would you want to go?" He asked, probably hoping I don't pick some place too expensive. Well, he's in luck. I hate fancy places anyway. I'd have to wear a stupid dress, and I was never a fan of wearing dresses.

"I don't know, you can pick." I told him. He smiled. "Alright. Whenever you get over your cold, we'll go somewhere and start off fresh." He suggested. I nodded. "Sounds good to me." I said to him.

We talked for a few more minutes, and then he had to leave. He had to go home, grade papers, and make videos for YouTube. I continued to lay here and eat my soup that's now room temperature. It tasted even more like crap when it was colder, which made me stop eating it.

*The next day (Tuesday, 11/13/12)*

My alarm was going off at the usual time, which literally scared me awake. I felt much better today, but I still had a bit of a cough. My sore throat seemed to have gone away, and I wasn't sniffling as much. Maybe the soup helped!

I jumped out of bed and got ready for school. I took a shower, went about my daily routine, and made sure Casey was ready. She was up and dressed, and I made sure to get Courtney up so she wouldn't miss the bus.

"Ashley, Casey!" I heard Becca call from downstairs. I head for the stairs and notice them waiting for us. They were covered in...snow?

"No school today! Snow day!" Becca cheered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Website where artwork was acquired: http://www.animoe.net/2017/09/anime-girls-eating-ramen.html?m=0