Chapter 24: The Solution

TRIGGER WARNING: content involving abortion will be discussed in this chapter. Some of you may be against the choice made, but it's a story. Lighten up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~My POV~

"No...there's no way that this is possible." Casey said, having the look of shock in her face. My face saddened and I looked down again. Casey looked at me. "Ash, tell me what the hell happened." she demanded. I looked into her eyes. "I'll explain later." I said.

"Not to worry, Ashley." the doctor said, crossing her legs while sitting in a chair in front of me. "You have options. You can bear the child and give it up for adoption if you're not ready, or you could always consider an abortion. It's all up to you." she promised me. I nodded. "I definitely need an abortion." I said bluntly. The doctor nodded.

"That's very understandable. I'll call the Southampton hospital and schedule an appointment for you. I'll be right back." she said. I nodded. "Thank you for all of your help." I said sincerely. I honestly couldn't thank her enough. She figured since I was only seventeen, she would make the appointment for me. It would've been harder for me since I'm the one carrying the kid.

Casey looked at me. "Tell me now while she's not here." She commanded. I sighed and pivoted my body toward her. "Mark and I had sex on Saturday." I admitted. Casey's mouth shot open. "MARK!?" She yelled. I shushed her because the whole building probably heard her. "I thought you hated him!" She said, not as loud though.

"I do hate him, but only as a teacher. You know he's teaching my worst subject. Why shouldn't I hate him? But outside of school, he's a completely different person." I explained to her. She didn't say anything back. She just looked at me like I was crazy. Well, I know I was stupid for fucking him without protection. Why did I think that was a good idea?

"Are you going to tell him?" Casey suddenly asked. That sent chills down my spine. I can't fucking tell him! Is she crazy!?

"Fuck no!" I yelled back. Casey got startled by this and jerked back. "Okay! Sorry!" she said in defense.

The doctor came back in the room. She had a smile on her face. "Good news. You have an appointment tomorrow at 3:30." she told me. I sighed a breath of relief. "Oh, thank you so much for everything." I said. I gave her a hug. She hugged me back briefly and led us both back into the waiting room. "Whenever you finish the procedure, they're going to schedule you in for sometime next week to do a follow-up; make sure it was successful." she added. I nodded. "Okay, thanks so much." I said back.

Casey and I rode our boards to school. I was feeling much better now. We had our backpacks with us to carry our phones and shit, but since we're already near the school, we might as well go in and finish off the rest of the day.

By the time we came in, it was lunch time. I saw Mark sitting a table in the corner with the other teachers. He was eating his lunch. Becca and Maddi were sitting at our usual table, probably in the middle of a conversation. Maddi saw us and shot up from her seat. "Ashley! Casey!" she called, silencing the whole lunch room. I laughed at her. She can be overly dramatic sometimes.

"Hey, guys! We're not dead!" Casey yelled back as we carried our boards to the table. Mark was looking at us too. Even though the procedure is tomorrow, I don't really want to tell them about it. Becca will lecture me to no end, and Maddi might end up kicking Mark's ass. I don't want either one...trust me.

Mark came up to me with a smile. "What happened this morning?" he asked, fixing the collar of his shirt. I just shrugged. "I woke up this morning and started throwing up a lot. And then I started developing a migraine. I went to the doctor and they said..." I stopped myself there. Mark slowly frowned, like he got scared for a minute. I can't tell him. He doesn't need to know because what if he wants to keep the baby? It'll ruin my life.

"Sorry, zoned out for a second." I said with a chuckle. "They said it was a stomach virus. I have medicine for it." I finished. Mark smiled again and nodded. "Well, I hope you're feeling better." he said, patting me on the back. I smiled as he walked past me. Not a real smile, though. The fakest smile anyone would ever see.

I sat back down with my friends and enjoyed the lunch period with them.

School ended at it's usual time. Mark wasn't going to hold us in for detention today, so we all decided to skate into town and do some more graffiti art. We had to find a new spot today because the cops are constantly patrolling that section of the town where we would usually do it.

*The next day (Tuesday, 10/30/12)*

I woke up at 4:00 this morning to another session of throwing up. I jumped right out of bed and went straight to the bathroom. Since I had nothing in my stomach, all I was puking up was stomach acids. It's said that people with B- blood tend to feel morning sickness throughout a majority of their pregnancy, and whoever said that is a fucking genius.

I ended up staying awake until Casey got up for school. She walked into my room in her pajamas. "Hey, you awake?" she said as she slowly opened the door. I was sitting up in bed with the garbage can by me. "Yeah, since four. I was throwing up again." I told her. She nodded. "Alright, let's get ready. It's a big day today." she informed me. I nodded with a smile. "Hell yeah." I said back.

Before getting ready, I went into Courtney's room. She was still sleeping, but before I get this procedure done, I figured I'd just tell her. "Courtney?" I said, shaking her a bit. She woke up and saw me. "What is it?" she said tiredly. Casey was standing by the doorway. "I'm going to be coming home late today. I have to get something done at the hospital." I told her. She pushed herself off her back into a sitting position. "Why, what's wrong!?" she asked, worried. I sighed and looked at Casey. She was looking at me. "I'm pregnant." I admitted. Courtney's eyes widened.

"What!? By who!?" she asked loudly. I had to quiet her down. "Please, don't say this to anyone." I begged her. Courtney nodded and waited for my response. "Mark, my history teacher." I answered.

"Oh-eww! Ashley, what the hell!?" she yelled. Casey chuckled. "Yeah, that's what I said!" she shot back. I gave Casey a mean look. "Oh, fuck you! I'm getting the abortion today!" I told her. I looked back at Courtney. "I'm serious, though, PLEASE don't say anything to anybody!" I begged again. Courtney nodded. "I promise, I won't say anything." she said with full on honesty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Website where artwork was acquired: http://www.sadever.com/sad-anime-girl-pictures/