Chapter 44: Post-Suicide Skate Ride

~My POV~

*Same day (6:47pm)*

I spent the rest of the afternoon in bed. I just wanted to get rid of everything that's happened from my mind. The bandage on my forehead was still there, and I plan on keeping it that way until tomorrow. I don't want to see what I've done to myself.

Casey, Courtney, and I sat in the living room with our plates of dinners and just watched some T.V. Everything seemed to be going back to normal for the most part. Our parents are still out of town until sometime next month, which I think is kind of fucked up. They go out of town just to avoid their kids. I'm sure that them feeling mortified for what they've done to us was just an act. There's no way they would actually admit to being wrong. That's just how parents are. They think they're always right.

"I think I'm going to meet up with Maddi and Becca and skate around for a bit." I told Casey and Courtney. They just nodded. "Alright, I'll stay here with Courtney." Casey offered. I looked back at them. "You guys can come if you want." I told them. They both shook their heads. "No, we're alright. Were exhausted from all the running around we did today." Casey told me. I nodded and went to grab my board and my backpack. I threw the bag around my back and headed out the door.

I skated over to Maddi's house first. She was a little closer to me than Becca was. I knocked on her door and waited for an answer. Hopefully she didn't fall asleep or anything.

As expected, Maddi answered the door. "Hey, what's up, Ash?" She said with a smile. I smiled back at her. "You want to skate around the neighborhood with me? I got bored at home and figured I'd get us all together to do something." I asked her. Maddi just nodded and grabbed her board. "Hold on. I'm going to tell the girls I'm heading out." She said. She let me come inside and sit on the couch for a few minutes. She went into the dining room where her sisters were and began talking to them.

"Girls, I'm going to skate around the neighborhood with Ashley. I want you to lock the doors and not answer the door for anyone, okay?" She instructed them. "Okay!" Mireya cheered.

When I saw Kendra and Mireya come into the living room, I lifted them up one by one and kissed each of them on the cheek. "I love you, guys." I said to them. They both huddled in and squeezed me. "Love you too, Ashley!" Kendra said.

After making sure the girls locked the door, we started skating to Becca's house. She lives two streets over from us. "You want to race?" Maddi asked as we skated down the sidewalk. "Fuck yeah." I answered.

We stopped skating for a second. "Alright, the first one to Becca's house wins." Maddi told me with a laugh. I nodded. "Ready, set, go." I said. We then continued skating down the sidewalk, except we did it much faster. Maddi was slightly ahead of me, but then I sped up to where I was a car length ahead of her. I crouched down a bit on my board to increase my speed even more. "Ashley, wait!" Maddi called from behind me. Since this was a race, I didn't stop or slow down. I turned left onto the next street and skated down to Becca's as fast as possible.

Seconds later, I made it. "I win, you lose." I joked when Maddi caught up. She flipped me off. "Fuck you, bitch." She said with a smirk.

I knocked on Becca's front door and waited with Maddi. We stood here holding our boards under our arms. "I hope she can hang with us." Maddi told me. I nodded. "Well, what else does she have to do?" I asked her.

Becca answered the door right after telling Maddi that. "Hey guys!" She said happily. Maddi and I smiled. "We were thinking about skating around the neighborhood or something since there's nothing better to do. Care to join us?" I asked her. She picked up her board that was next to her and walked outside. "Thought you guys would never ask." She told us.

After Becca locked her door, she followed us to the sidewalk. "I have money from James, so maybe we can go to a restaurant or something. Or go to King Kullen and bring something to eat back to my house." Becca offered. I jumped onto my board and adjusted my backpack. "Yeah, I'm down for either one." I agreed. Maddi nodded. "Let's go shopping." She said.

Instead of skating around the neighborhood, we skated into town to pick up some food. Whenever Becca and I hang out, we usually grab some Totinos Pizza Rolls and Monsters. That was pretty much our favorite snack.

We arrived at the grocery store within twenty minutes, and it seemed emptier than usual. This place would normally be swarmed with people by now, but it doesn't look like it now.

The three of us went down the frozen aisle to grab the pizza rolls. I had some money for extra snacks. "You guys can grab the Monsters. I'm going to shop for some other snacks." I told them. They both nodded and went down the aisle where the Monsters are. I went down the chip aisle to grab a bag of chips. My personal favorite was the Wise Onion and Garlic chips. Becca never really understood why I liked them, but the flavor was irresistible.

After grabbing about twenty dollars worth of shit, we went down the self checkout aisle and payed for our stuff. I paid for my stuff separately since Becca only had about ten dollars.

As I checked out my stuff, someone walked up behind me. The presence felt kind of familiar to me, but I ignored it until the person tapped on my shoulder. I spun around and saw it was Mark.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Website where artwork was acquired: https://www.deviantart.com/ginryuzaki/art/Skater-Girl-209413665