c h a p t e r | t w e n t y o n e

"There must be something in the water
'Cause everyday it's getting colder
And if only I could hold you
You'd keep my head from going under" - Lewis Capaldi

-🧠-

Recap

But it didn't happen again. My father and I moved a few days later. I knew it was going to happen, that's why I took Sarah up there. Even after I moved, I still didn't understand why we claimed stars. I didn't understand what it meant.

-

But I understood it now.

-🧠-

I stayed there, sitting by my window. I sat there for a while. I didn't feel tired.

The clock on my wall slowly ticked. My heartbeat slowed down until it's rhythm matched the clocks.

There were hardly any noises outside. Only crickets chirping, nothing else.

There were no cars on the streets, no noises from the other houses. There was no noise downstairs, and this was normally the time dad got up for a midnight snack, even though I wasn't really supposed to know about that.

But there was nothing.

It was almost scary how things could be this quiet. This peaceful. It felt wrong, things were never this peaceful. Life always ended up making things worse. But maybe I should enjoy this.

There was a car light outside.

It peaked my interest, of course. Because I have the attention span of a dog. Plus, there are no other lights except for street lights, so of course I was interested.

The car pulled over to the side of the road. The side my house was on. I figured it was probably nothing. Just a neighbor coming home extremely late.

But I still had that gut feeling. That feeling when you know something is going to happen, whether it be good or bad, something was going to happen.

-

Tyler's POV

She was beautiful. The moonlight shining on her face, giving her features a whimsical look. Sitting up there by her window, she was truly beautiful.

Beauty wasn't a word I used often. When I went with other girls, they were simply just 'hot'. The words beauty, or beautiful were never words I used. Does that make me a bad person? Yeah, it does. In a way, it makes me sound like a douche, or a guy that uses girls just because they look good. But that's not who I am, or what I do. I call those other girls hot because they aren't beautiful, at least not in my eyes. They are hot because they look good, but they never made me feel anything. They have never been anything more than a one night stand. Nothing more than that.

But Day, she makes me feel something I can't explain. She is beautiful, and more. She captivated me from the start, her care for her friend amazed me. And her smile, her smile was truly a grace to this world. Her smile could light up a whole city, so bright and filled to the brim with joy.

She was a gift from the angels above, even though I don't really believe in that stuff. Her kindness and purity are the best parts of her.

But she's also the devil. Her body and the way she looks at you could make a grown man fall to his knees begging for mercy. Every time I'm with her I resist the urge to touch every inch of her body. But she'd never want that, and I'd only touch her if she'd let me.

Even though she's an angel, every angel has a little bit of devil inside of them.

She looked deep in thought, the moonlight making her look almost like a ghost. Like she wasn't really there. As if she was in some other realm of thought; in her own little world in her brain.

I turned my car off.

I know this might sound weird, me coming to her house in the middle of the night. But I woke up feeling a need to see her, to be with her. For som reason, I had this feeling she wasn't going to be around much longer. But I shook it off and came to her house.

I got out of the car and ran up to her window. She looked down at me and smiled once she realized it was only me.

-

Day's POV

It was Tyler. He waved up at me, and I waved back. I was only in a pair of silk shorts and a silk tank top, and I was trying not to flash him. He was in a pair of sweatpants that hung low off his waist, and had no shirt.

"Come down here."

His voice was deep, a little gruff since he probably just woke up.

"Hold on a minute," I replied, and I ran to brush my teeth and fix my hair.

Then, I slowly crept downstairs and made my ay towards the front door. My hand grasped the doorknob, and I started to tune it open when a voice stopped me.

"Just where do you think you're going?" My father asked.

"Tyler is outside, he wants to talk to me."

"I'm going to allow you to go, but only because the two months is coming to and end..." A tear trailed down his cheek.

I ran up and hugged him. "Everything is going to be okay."

He let me go, but then stopped me again.

"When are you going to tell him?"

I sucked in a breath. "Tonight."

And then I ran outside.

-🧠-

Well, I'm leaving...
I'll post this one chapter, but I'm taking it down in a few days. I'm sorry guys, I really am.
I'm just not motivated anymore.

Until next time,
Stella