c h a p t e r | n i n e

"I've tried playing it cool
But when I'm looking at you
I can't ever be brave
'Cause you make my heart race" - One Direction (rip)

-🧠-

You are now entering the diary of Daykota Linnel

Don't read unless you want to die ;) jk, but not actually

So scram

(I really need to change this into to my diary wow so cringe I wrote this like ten years ago wow)

I still haven't changed the intro to this diary, but oh well.

So Sarah is in the hospital and it's all my fault. Okay, not actually all my fault, but it's mostly my fault. I shouldn't have been calling her when I knew she was driving, and she shouldn't have picked up.

But Sarah and I have had some great memories. Gosh I talk like she's going to die. Speaking of death, I've been putting it off for quite some time. I need to start doing things that will make me happy about the way my life ended. I was going to do that with Sarah, but she's injured right now.

When Sarah and I were in the second grade, she was the most caring kid I knew. The whole class was a bunch of brats, but that's beside the point. She talked to everyone and played with everyone. Even me, and I was the trouble maker rich kid. Yes, kids knew I had money all the way back in second grade. During recess I mostly played by myself. I swung on the swings, slid down the slides, and even climbed the rock wall. But I never, and I mean never, played on the monkey bars. Three girls were he queens of the monkey bars, Sarah being one of them, and would only allow a few select friends to play on it. But being the trouble seeking kid I was, I decided I was done with being excluded. So I took all my courage and dragged myself over to the monkey bars. The 'queens' were facing the other way so I took it as my chance to start climbing. Kids all around us stopped and watched, looks of horror etched on every one of their faces. I smirked as the queens turned around.

"What are you doing here?" I remember queen one saying. This one was Sarah.

"Just playing in the monkey bars," I replied.

"You're not allowed playing on these monkey bars," queen two said.

"They're ours," queen three said.

I grinned at them and gave the best reply I could think of.

"Did you pay for them," silence. "So that means that they actually aren't yours."

I remember kids all around me clapping, and cheering as the queens walked away. Kids piled on the monkey bars, and underneath them too. The comeback I came up with was the greatest thing of all time in our second grade minds.

This is when Sarah and I became friends. She thought that my courage to stand up to her and her friends was cool. So that's where it all started. The playground.

-🧠-

Until next time,
Stella