c h a p t e r | s i x

"You put your arms around me
And I believe that it's easier for you to let me go" - Christina Perri

-

Recap

Unknown: you probably don't have my number saved anymore. I also got a new number, so there's no way you have it. That means you don't know who this is. But just know, after all these years, I still kept your number. I always debated on texting you, but I never did. I left you without even telling you I was going. But now I'm coming back, and I'm going to see you. I know you've lived in Destin since you were a baby, so I know where to find you. I miss you, Day. But I'm coming back - D

-🧠-

You are now entering the diary of Daykota Linnel

Don't read unless you want to die ;) jk, but not actually

So scram

(I really need to change this into to my diary wow so cringe I wrote this like ten years ago wow)

Heyo. It's you girl Day here again, writing because she's bored. Or bored because she's writing. Either way she's bored out of her MIND. Also, why is she writing in third person? We will never know.

Okay I've been thinking about this random text I got two days ago, lately. It's been bugging me. Who's name do I know that starts with a D? Other than my mother's name, I wouldn't have any idea. And why would my mother text me? I've been thinking about her too. I need some place just to rage about all my feelings, so I came to my trusty diary.

Okay, so first of all, my mother and my father married young. She was 23 and he was 25, to be exact. They were in love, so deeply in love. A few years later, they decided to have a child. That's me. After I was alive for two years, I started getting really sick all of the time. It was bad. That's when they started fighting. I would hear them yelling everyday, sometimes over the dumbest things.

After my third birthday, my mother started going out with friends a lot more. She was almost never home, so I was used to being with just my father. When I was around three and a half, my mother left in the middle of the night. I remember making eye contact with her as her taxi drove away. I remember getting up and running to my dads room. I told him mommy was leaving, and he was so sad. They were so in love, and sometimes I thought it was my fault my father was sad. But I remember one of the days they were fighting, she mentioned how he gave me all the attention. She thought my father loved me more than her. That's why she left, she was jealous. How pathetic. Of course later on, my father and I found out I have cancer. But my mother never knew that. On my fifth birthday, I got a card from my mother. As a little kid, I was excited to hear from my mom again. As I opened the envelope, there was no card, only a white sheet of paper folded neatly. I took it out and opened it up in front of my whole family. The paper was titled "Child Custody". I had no idea what that meant at the time, so I was ecstatic to have a fancy paper. As I read it out loud to the rest of my family, my grandmother snatched the paper from my hands.

"You don't need to see this, dear." That's what she told me as she handed the paper to my father. I was sad to not get to keep my fancy paper, but now I'm glad I never kept it out. I will tell you, in one sentence, what the whole paper said.

"As of now, Dianne Linnel is no longer the legal mother of Daykota Linnel."

This pretty much means that my mother gave me up. She went to the government and got all this work done so she no longer had to be my mother. This means that they should've put her maiden name, Dianne Mathews, instead of Linnel. But what makes me angrier is that she sent me this on my fifth birthday, and she wrote "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" on the envelope.

It really pisses me off. She was a crap mother who only cares about herself. But if I ever saw her again, I would still be classy and treat her with respect. But seriously. Ugh, it just angers me so much like, just, ughhhhh. Okay I know I'm raging but it's been bothering me lately.

I just got a text from Sarah saying she's heading towards Destin right now! Oh gosh I'm so happy ahhhh. This is such a short diary entry but I have to go now. I'm making space for Sarah to stay. See ya!

-Day

-🧠-

Sorry this is so short. I've got a lot on my plate right now, metaphorically and literally (I love food sorry). I've had so much going on that it's hard to write, but I promise you I'm trying.

Also, another big sorry that his chapter literally went no where. I know that it's a diary entry, but still. I'm just a little disappointed in this chapter, but it's okay I guess.

Please share this with others. I know it's kinda selfish to ask for that, and my writing isn't the best, but it would be so cool to share my writing with others.

Until next time,
Stella