c h a p t e r | e l e v e n

"Pills n potions
We're overdosin'
Can't stand it but I still love you" - Nicki Minaj

-

Recap

"How can you be so sure?" My voice came out shaky as more tears threatened to spill out.

"I'm not. But even if she doesn't end up being okay, you have the good memories to keep you happy."

-🧠-

Third Person

A loud crack of thunder racked through the city. Lightning struck the sky, lighting up the night sky. Daykota sat on the same couch her and Tyler talked on last night. She watched the rainstorm that had woke her up, wrapped in a blanket Derek had gotten her the night before. Day had been too tired to go back home, and Derek gladly let her stay with him.

Day glanced at the digital clock in the kitchen. It read 2:26 a.m. She sighed and pulled the blanket closer to her body. She was enthralled by the storm flashing before her eyes like a light show.

-

A rumble of thunder had Tyler jolting awake. His eyes met the clock next to him. 2:00 a.m. He sighed and ran a hand over his face. He wiped his tired eyes and looked outside. Lightning danced across the sky, with the thunder as its beat. He put sweat pants and a loose tee on and trudged downstairs quietly. The lightning lit up the sky, and the living room. He saw the brown haired beauty lay fast asleep on the couch. He had just met her yesterday, but he longed to be friends with her. He knew she had a kind heart just by talking with her. He also could tell that she was no stranger to the hospital life, and she even knew some of the nurses and doctors by name.

He walked over to the kitchen where he grabbed a glass of milk. He hated the stuff, but it helped to calm him and make him sleepy. As he finished the glass slowly, he heard something rustle on the couch. She was awake. He watched silently as Day awoke from her slumber. She was wrapped in her blanket as she faced the window that covered the wall. The lightning flashed in her eyes, making them sparkle. The thunder made her jump, but she never took her eyes away from the sight. Tyler finished the glass of milk and crept towards the stairs. He didn't want to scare her, or make her think he was watching her, which he was. Just as he was about to reach the stairs, a cry left her lips. Lightning flashed extremely close to the apartment, and it scared her, causing her to stumble off the couch. She rubbed her arm as she got tangled up in the blanket.

The thunder that accompanied the lighting was loud, causing the apartment to shake. Day whimpered as she tried to get up. Rain pelted the windows, blurring the view of the city ever so slightly. Tyler walked over to her, and made sure to step on the floorboard that creaked so she knew he was there. She looked up at him with her big brown eyes that were almost pleading for help. She shut her eyes right as another crack of thunder racked through the night.

-

Day jumped. Rainstorms didn't normally scare her, but she always had her father to hug or Sarah to call. Right now, she had neither. She fell backwards off the couch as the rain hit harder on the window, and lighting hit closer to the apartment. Hitting her arm on the floor, she cried out in pain softly. Loud thunder made her whimper and cuddle the blanket. She then heard creaking coming from behind her. As she looked behind her, she saw Tyler walking towards her. She watched him kneel down in front of her. He lifted her back up onto the couch effortlessly. They never broke the eye contact.

The loud thunder made Day shut her eyes tightly. A big arm wrapped around her and hugged her tightly. When she opened her eyes, Tyler was holding her tightly to his chest, watching the rain. She looked up at him, but he didn't notice. To enchanted by the rain, he didn't notice Day's hand reaching up to brush the hair out of his face. Tyler looked down at Day, and he held her hand to his face. He thought that her hands felt soft and warm on his face. Daykota's eyes threatened to shut as she got sleepier. Tyler laid down on the couch and held Day in his arms.

And together, they fell asleep to the rain in each other's arms.

-🧠-

Until next time,
Stella