c h a p t e r | f i f t e e n

"She's got eyes of the bluest skies
As if they thought of rain
I hate to look into those eyes
And see an ounce of pain" - Guns N' Roses

-

Recap

"... And I also need to... never mind. Thanks Day, bye."

"Wai-"

The line cut, and I was left puzzled and confused.

-🧠-

I woke up that morning feeling extremely sore, but well rested. I felt really proud of myself for having the courage to tell Derek I'm dying. The only thing I was confused about was the call I got from Blake. He seemed to genuinely care about how Sarah was doing. Then he wanted to tell me something, but he didn't. It was like he was scared to tell me.

I am also getting let out of the hospital today. The doctors gave me more medicine to help, which doesn't really matter at this point in my life, but I'll take them anyways.

I checked my phone, I had a text from Blake.

Blake: Hey, sorry I was acting so weird on the phone last night. I was just really tired from studying and homework. I wanted to tell you thanks for taking care of Sarah.

I set my phone back down. Things still felt weird from last night, he wanted to tell me something else, I just know it.

I yawned and I rolled over. I felt really tired all of a sudden. Today I will check up on Sarah, then maybe I will go to the beach.

I fell back asleep thinking of Sarah.

-

It was a beautiful day outside. The windows were rolled down, the breeze moving through the car. Dad had turned on the radio, and some Guns N' Roses song was playing. It was actually a good song, and I enjoy the band.

She's got a smile it seems to me
Reminds me of childhood memories

I hummed along to the song, while my dad sang along.

Where everything
Was as fresh as the bright blue sky

I smiled as my dad kept singing. This was one of his favorite songs.

Now and then when I see her face
She takes me away to that special place
And if I'd stare too long
I'd probably break down and cry

My dad took in a deep breath as he got ready to yell out the words.

Oh, oh, oh
Sweet child o' mine
Oh, oh, oh, oh
Sweet love of mine

I laughed as I watched people outside look at or car in confusion. I loved times like these with my dad. He seems so carefree, like nothing is stopping him in this world. I love him.

-

"Bye dad! I'll see you later!"

I ran out of the house and went straight to my car. I threw my beach bag in the back seat and got in the drivers seat. I put the keys in the ignition and listened to my car start up. I had a convertible, which was amazing for days at the beach. I turned on my playlist and jammed out.