Part X

I was busy checking myself from head to toe in the mirror. I felt so nervous. For some reason I got in my head that if I look good I have more power. I love this black dress not only because it's beautiful, I found it with a ribbon around it and a love note on valentines day. I never got a dress before, I knew then this one is a keeper. I wear my new old louboutins. I have them for almost 4 years now and only wore these beauty's twice. I never found the occasion fitting the shoes. "Try a ponytail" Michael suggested. "It makes the people see your earrings better and I can stare into your beautiful hazel brown eyes." I completely shivered when he touched my arms while saying these words. He wore black not skinny trousers, a grey shirt with Vegas Baby written on it and a black vest. He looked so handsome. "How you find my new look?" He asked me surprisingly proud. I couldn't help but laughing. "I gotta say your green hair is the finishing touch." " Exactly what your mother told me. She is into me. For real." " What you talking about honey?" " While Luke, Calum and Ash were cleaning the house I slipped away and went shopping with your mom. I said that I'm changing colour soon, she probably thinks back black or blond. Yeah I promised no more pink or blue. I am thinking about purple."

**

The taxi dropped us one street further. Hand - in - hand we walked to the venue. People from around the world will be there. Important people, who have a lot to say in the world of travelling. My colleagues, my boss, and people with a lower function than me. I shake my head, almost like I believe that will erase those thoughts. I really find it awful that I am some people's boss. We used to be colleagues, gossiping together, share our breaks, ... I always had higher ambition. I am still driven to be more. The sound of wedding bells pop in my head. I hold Michael so tight. " I hope they like me." I smile nervously and let him lead me in.

**

"Emma" " Goodevening Mister Robinson." "From now on you can call me Richard" He smiled, he gave me a kiss on the cheek and shook Michael's hand. "This is Michael, my boyfriend." "Interesting hair my friend.I want to introduce you to some people. If that's alright?" We were following Richard, suddenly Mikey let go of my hand and made his way to the waitress who has snacks.
Networking is important but my heart aches. I should go on tour. The thought came from somewhere deep or somewhere higher? It seemed lately that I was thinking to do things that I wouldn't do.
  I said the things I had to say, excused me and made my way to the man who's being green. "You wanna go home?" "No, the food and champagne are so good! Don't worry, put your job first tonight. Go." He pulled me close and kissed me. I didn't move I stayed. "That thing this morning, what are we going to do?" "Holiday with the guys, they need girlfriends, do you know some girls that can come with us? We will go to the place where you have to work at, so it's possible for you." " Michael, I know that I want more but listen to me. " I took his hand and walked to a quit place. I feel sick when I see everyone looking with disgrace. " I am very serious when I say, I want to be here for you, I want to come on tour if the guys allow it. I want to follow you everywhere. I can be a business woman in I don't know the music industry maybe. You don't belong here. You know that. And me neither time changes." A tear rolled down my face, didn't see that coming. I don't know what's going on. At home I was so nervous about screwing up, and now I wouldn't mind being fired.
" Maybe you are rushing things?" " No, let's go somewhere at the end of the week. Enough time to send some friends on dates." I wanted to smile but kind of failed. Is God leading me? I questioned.