thirty five

"Truth or Dare?" Novella quirked an eyebrow at Victor as if daring him to accept either of her options. It was a well known fact that she was not one to mess around when it came to this game.

"Truth," Victor said as he shoveled another brownie into his mouth.

Novella mockingly stoked her chin as if in thought before pointing her finger at him. "What's Oswald's relationship status?"

Victor almost choked on his brownie at that question. Out of everything she could ask she went with if the bird was getting laid.

"Why? You thinking of bailing on me for someone a bit higher up? Because you know I could kill him before he even knew what was happening." Victor smirked a bit at the thought before meeting Novella's disapproving gaze. "What did I say now?"

"You will not be killing Oswald unless its imperative for him to die." Victor opened his mouth in an attempt to say something, but Novie quickly began speaking again. "Besides, I was only asking because there are rumors about him and some mystery woman. I'm merely looking for the inside scoop."

She folded her legs underneath her and raised the cup of coffee to her lips. The large rim covered the majority of her face, only leaving her light blue crystals for Victor to see.

"You are impossible but," he paused to pull her into his hold so that her body was laying over his own, "I will tell you that I believe Penguin thinks he's gonna get somewhere with her. She, on the other hand, is most likely just using him."

"Poor Oswald," Novella said and let out a sigh. "I really think that some semblance of love would help him. Don't you?"

"It helped me."

Novella shook her head so that her hair covered her face and subsequently her rising scarlet blush.

"Who knew you could be such a sap, Mr. Zsasz."

"Only for you, Miss. Owens." At his words she turned in his hold to place a kiss to the tip of his nose.

"I love you baby tiger." Her whisper brushed his face and caused him to grow a smirk.

"I love you too Nove."

•*•*•*•

Novella was currently laying in bed ignoring the ringing of both her cell phone and her alarm clock. Well technically it was Victor's alarm clock, but she'd recently taken it over.

She reached over to snooze the ringing, grabbing her phone in the process. After checking the caller ID - JIM GORDON - she pressed ignore and laid back down. Sadly though, her rest didn't last too long after that interruption before another knocked on her door.

"Why the hell am I so damn popular today?" Her grumbled curses rang through to the person on the opposite side of the door causing a laugh to come from them. She knew that laugh and even he wasn't enough to wake her up.

"C'mon babe I have someone coming over later that you need to meet." Now that did spur her movement.

She was a tangle of limbs and lilac hair as she made her way from the bedroom to the kitchen. Victor just watched her slow progression toward the coffee pot, admiring the rather small shorts she'd chosen to wear to bed the previous night.

"If that mouth stays open any longer you'll catch flies." His eyes pulled back up to meet hers and there was only amusement between the two of them.

Novella didn't particularly mind when he blatantly stared at her as long as it didn't interfere with whatever she was doing, and he never seemed to mind when let her gaze linger a little longer whenever he was getting dressed.