Chapter 15||Breath

I can't breath. Everything is dark, cold, and clammy. I can feel my breath quicken as I begin to hyperventilate.

No! Not here!

I can't move.

Not again!

I can almost hear the sound of broken glass and yelling.

I gasp as I open my eyes, air flooding my lungs as I sit up, eyes wide, terrified at what I had just seen. Alisa quickly began taking the stickers off of me, her face grim and her mouth in a straight line.

"It's over Geno. The results are in," She says, her tone betraying slight worry.

"The results?" I question.

She doesn't answer, walking away. "Reaper will be here in a minute."

-

He grabs me by the wrist, his face creased into a permanent frown as he leads me away. "You know you're not normal sweetheart," He says, leading me down a hallway as I examine the decor.

"I know, my soul is shattered." I reply and he flashes me a look that I can't quite decipher.

"I know where your brother's are." He says, and I feel myself tense up.

He pulls me into a room, throwing me on the bed as he towers over me. "Error and Fresh." He says and I inhale sharply.

"T-Thats impossible, Error and Fresh are dead." I curse myself for letting my voice waver as I look him directly in the eyes.

"Dead? Error is currently attacking the city, as we speak!" And this is the first time I've heard him raise his voice, his cool, flirty demeanor gone and his voice rising by the second along with his temper.

"Fresh is wandering the Earth as a spirit, his soul was rejected from heaven and hell." He growls, using his fingers to raise my chin up.

I blush, the red prominent on my pale cheekbones as he tugs down the garment I'm wearing, revealing the scars and cuts he had made on my skin.

"Error is damning more souls everyday," and as I look away he forced my eyes to his again.

"Do you have a way to pay me back?"