Chap. 7: Nightmare, the demon with a mortal.

"Ohhhh Crossy~"

Nightmare cooed, fawning over the small mortal tied up in a cage. The mortal squeaked at the sound of his voice and pressed his body as close to the wall as he could.

He didn't have a shirt and wore some tattered pants. Somewhere in the cage you could see the faint outline of a once pure white shirt, torn off out of lust.

Cross whimpered his lip twisted into a snarl of disgust and fear. Even after everything Nightmare had done to him he still remained determined.

But that determination would be terminated. Nightmare would make sure of that, Cross had cost him quite some money in the auction. Mortals with strong mana and a bit of power were quite rare nowadays and capturing one was even harder.

His grin grew as he saw Cross's eyes wide with fear and his mouth twisted into a snarl. Mortals were either killed once sold for there mana, or used as 'toys' for the pleasure of the demon.

"Xcellence will come for you, I know he will!" Cross thrashed at his bondings, as he glared at Nightmare, who had just raised a eyebrow in amusement.

"The angel?"

Cross nodded his eyes fierce with determination, until Nightmare laughed. He laughed and he laughed, his laugh was rather normal sounding unlike what you would expect a sadistic octopus to sound like.

"Haven't you heard? He kidnapped Halluciv! He thought he was me! A small demon, usually in his normal form. Was me!"

His voice turned from insane sounding to a slightly sad slightly amazed sound. His eyelight disappeared making him look insane.

"He took Lucy..." Cross stared at him, he had never seen Nightmare so forlorn, he felt pity for the demon who caused him so much pain. Silence stretched between them until Nightmare looked up. His eyelight back, glowing like a mad man.

"But I still got you Crossy."