Chapter 22||The Soul

"She wants you." Ink turned towards Geno, a paint tipped paintbrush materializing out of air and everyone immediately stiffens up and goes into a battle stance.

Everyone, except Reaper. Who stands motionless at the side, face devoid of all emotion. "Ink. Let. Him. Go." Khloe muttered, a blood tipped arrow aimed at Ink along with a bloody axe, sharpened bones, and even a few sex toys.

Ink sighed, "For devils, you all are quite idiotic... don't you guys know how to read minds?" He taunted, taking his brush as it dissolved into a rainbow above Geno's head, and for a second Reaper thought maybe Geno was too good to stay in the underworld.

Guilt snagged Reaper in the chest, stabbing him in the gut like a bad knife wound he had failed to cover up. But it was interrupted as Geno ran to the older, wrapping his thin arms around the others waist.

"Reaper... I'm scared."

Reaper shook himself out of his stupor, "Excuse us for a minute." He smiled easily but immediately teleported away.

The two landed in Reaper's room, as Geno began to sob into Death's dark clothing. Clinging onto him as if he was his lifeline and the only one there to save him from impending doom.

Perhaps he was.

"Ink. You are a guest here. Do not overstep your boundaries." Nightmare growled, materializing out of the shadows as his tentacles wrapped themselves threateningly around the angels throat.

Ink responded by kicking Nightmare away from him. His wings folding into his back as Nightmare caught himself, grinning devilishly.

"I like him."

"You have Cross, give me him now." Ink demanded, his paintbrush once again materializing into a sheath Lust could have swore wasn't there a moment before.

"Too bad." But before either of them could strike Reaper had reappeared into the room interrupting any fight that could've happened.

He had left Geno to rest on his bed, making sure his lover was comfortable before rejoining the others.

"She wants his soul." Khloe muttered before Reaper could say anything, the realization of the situation beginning to piece together in Reaper's mind.

"Why? He has no magic, his soul does not radiate excess power. It's just... determination...." lust trailed off, and Nightmare snapped his fingers.

"The way to kill a demon is through his heart. Geno is Reaper's heart."

None of them sensed the rainbow angel slipping out of the room.

A marvel stucky book is coming out. Other than that, no updates cause I just am living off meager inspirations and I have finals