The Forbidden Fruit | 33

Start from the beginning

"I didn't mean that I meant if you meant it when you said I'm not overdressed nor underdressed." I rolled my eyes humorously as she wiggled her brows. "Doesn't change the fact that Tyler wouldn't hit that." She giggled.

I flipped her off and with a huff and grabbed my phone off the bed. "Ryan's coming in the next ten minutes so I should get going down to wait." She nodded her head and stared down at her phone one last time before her eyes widened a fraction. "I gotta go, have fun!"

Before I could answer she eagerly flung the door open and dashed out of the room. Shaking my head with a giggle, I stumbled out of the room after her and pulled the door shut before locking it up.

I sashayed down the hallway and didn't miss the curious eyes from students trekking past me. I wouldn't blame them, I wore an off-shoulder long-sleeved white dress that flared at the bottom like a skater skirt and stopped just a fraction below my butt.

My red stilettos matched my lipstick and bag and my once straight hair was curled so that it bounced with enough humidity above my shoulders. "Arabella, wow looking good."

"Where is she going?"

"Probably gonna screw Carter."

"Why don't you come back to my dorm room and we can play. . . some games."

Flipping off each and everyone who stalked my way, I rushed into the elevator and pressed the ground floor button. I was in no mood to endure any bullshit at the moment. All I wanted to do was get to the damn restaurant, talk business and get back to my bed to sleep.

I didn't even wanna be here at this moment so going to bed would be the best idea at the moment. But I was forced to go to this godforsaken dinner. Well I mean I could have said no but who the hell says no to Ryan Marks.

Stepping out of the elevator, I made my way through the students' lounge with a few waves of students I actually liked and a few 'move out of my way's' here and there.

I shoved the glass door open and slipped into the cold night air. It was October meaning that the winter season was arriving. Something that I was not looking forward too.

I glanced around the outskirts of the campus and made my way towards a bench that sat under a tree. It was currently 7:45 so that means Ryan should be here soon or even earlier.

Slumping down onto the bench, I wrapped my arms around my body and glanced at the students who were probably rushing to or from night school or maybe going to or coming from a club.

College students are unpredictable so we'd never know.

After fifteen minutes of waiting, I'd assume Ryan would be there by now but another ten minutes passed and he still failed to arrive.

I was freezing due to the low temperature and willed myself to get up and head back inside but I didn't for some reason.  I could hear the chattering of my teeth in my mouth and slowly feel the goosebumps beginning to rise on my skin, threatening me to just get up and get a damn coat.

Nope, guess we'll have to wait cold.

~~~

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I spat as I stared down at my phone in complete and utter anger. I just received a text from Ryan saying that he couldn't make it and the situation was urgent.