The Forbidden Fruit | 29

Começar do início

Let's just hope I get it and not any other way other than being chosen by my knowledge and skills.

Still deep in my thoughts. I suddenly felt a hand shaking my shoulders violently. I snapped my head towards the person and snatched my headphones out of my ears.

"What!?" I snapped when I didn't recognize who this person was. Her eyes were wide and wild as she stared at me in shock from my outburst. "I–I think you wanna come take a look at this," she shook her head vigorously.

I frowned and closed my book before shoving it into my bag and hopping off the ground. She motioned for me to follow and that's exactly what I did.

As I trekked behind her, the sound of shouting and grunting caught my attention. I could also hear what seemed to be the sound of a group of children cheering loudly when we finally rounded the wall blocking our view.

A group of kids were indeed formatted in a circle as they peered down at something. I frowned even more deeply and made my way towards what seemed to look like a fight. I turned towards the girl who called me here and saw her numbing down on her nails nervously as her eyes flickered to whoever was fighting then me.

With a groan, I shoved past all the students and pushed them out of my way violently so I could get a better view of what was going on.

As I pushed through them I began to gain attention. Everyone's eyes settled on me and the eerie feeling crawled into my body as my heart fell to my feet when it finally landed on who was fighting.

I gasped loudly and my eyes widened in astonishment when they landed on the one and only, Tyler Hart. Crouching over Carter's body as he pummelled his face with punches.

"Tyler!" I exclaimed frantically as I rushed towards him. He didn't reply but instead kept on punching Carter who was trying to break free from his grasp.

"Why isn't anyone doing anything. Call someone!" I spat at everyone who just stood there staring down at us with either a horrified expression or amusement.

The grunts grew louder and I immediately snapped my gaze towards them. Carter punched Tyler square in the jaw which caused Tyler to fall backwards and allow Carter to climb on top of him.

I rushed towards them and grabbed Carter by the shirt before tugging it backwards. Suddenly, his hand shot out and he shoved me backwards. With a squeal, I toppled onto the ground with a humph and hissed in pain as I grazed my arm against the concrete beneath me.

"Hey, what's going on here!" A voice boomed. I immediately scrambled off the ground and watched in horror as one of the professors came barreling towards us.

He gripped Carter by the shirt and hoisted him off of Tyler. I let out a gasp of relief when Tyler scrambled to his feet and wiped away a trail of blood that trickled down his split lip.

"Now you boys better tell me what's going on here right now!"

"Why don't you ask little miss Arabella!" Carter chuckled dryly as he swayed on his feet. All eyes snapped towards me as I recoiled in shock and stare back at the students murmuring amongst one another.

My gaze snapped towards Tyler and a sinking feeling fell into my stomach when I caught him glaring at me with no longer warm brown orbs but instead a hard cold glare that made my breath hitch in my throat.