chapter 01;

chapter one;- stars and darkness;

chapter one;
- stars and darkness;

IT HAS BEEN ALMOST A WEEK, SINCE HE HAS ENTERED THE HOTEL. Finally, his body was clean again, his hair feeling soft, when he would scratch his neck. But still, there was something which made him feel uncomfortable. Well, not really uncomfortable, just very weird. It was this damn sweet scent, which made his stomach flip. One day, he has even tried to follow the odor, but soon lost it. The worst thing was, that this fragrance seemed to be everywhere in the hotel and it drove him insane. Still, he couldn't say, where it did belong to.

Lost in his thoughts, he sat on the edge of his bed. Barely, the young man has left his room, only for the hunt. Maybe, he should go out, ordering a drink by the woman, who was also the receptionist. With shaky legs, he stood up to dress himself. Ripped, black jeans, a navy-blue shirt and a black hoodie. Not even when he was a young boy, he has been the guy with colors. In his eyes, black clothes were the only one, which fit him. Maybe also the blue ones. But mostly black. Black, like his soul. A soft hum escaped his throat, while he left his room, keeping some dollar bills with. It was a simple melody, which came in his mind.

"A monster, a monster, I've turned into a monster", he sang softly, closing a bit his eyes, while walking. Imagine Dragons. He hasn't heard them for a while now. Eventually, he would buy a MP3-Player later, just to have at least something to do. Even if it would've been only listening to music.

Then he stopped. This sweet scent was laying again in the air. With a soft growl, the male looked around, trying to see the person, or creature, to which it belonged to. His eyes turned immediately their color, while he followed the fragrance. It was like a drug, which he was addicted to follow. A sweet drug. His heart pounded in his chest, while he was almost storming through the corridor. Damn, why couldn't he find it? There must be someone, or something, to which the scent belonged to. Frustrated, he beat with his fist the wall.

Somehow, he couldn't reach the destination. After a while, always another fragrance was overwhelming it. A bitter one, like dark chocolate, but even that was a lot sweeter than this odor.

"Damn it", he cursed, snorting. Yes, it was now time for a drink. With quick footsteps, he walked downstairs, taking a deep breath. At least down here, he was spared by it. With a smile, the young man recognized, that nobody was there, but the nice woman on the reception.

"Good evening, Madame", he greeted her with a soft smile, while walking towards the bar. Immediately, she looked up, her eyes sparkling. When he has been a kid, he was once with his parents in a museum. He guessed, it was something about the primeval times. Well, there he has seen some stones in the glass caste. Compared to the eyes of her now, their sparkling was nothing.

"Hello, Sir", she greeted him back. Her voice was soft, gentle, like she was talking to someone close. "What's your name? I've forgot to ask when I've met you at the reception." Apologizing, he tilted his head and scratched awkwardly his neck. "Don't worry, boy. My name's Liz or Cleopatra." The smile on her face went wider, showing him her perfect white teeth. "Both of the names fit to you. Cleopatra was a fascinating woman. A queen and goddess. Well, Liz has its' own style. Short, well also pretty cool." A soft chuckle escaped his throat.