{022}

I've been lying awake all night thinking about what Octavia can do to my son and Madi if I don't fight by her side. Or if she thinks that someone is going to try to steal her place. I don't know about all the things she's willing to do for everything that is going on. But I'm sure that killing a child would be nothing for her.

''Monty, I need your help,'' I say while I walk into the room.
It seems like he's always here and I'm a little bit worried about that. I'm worried about him. I haven't seen him smile much lately, but then I think about the fact that none of us really smiled these days.

I look at Monty but see that Cooper is with him. I don't like her and I never will.
''I can come back,'' I say while I turn around again.

''No wait, we're almost finished,'' Monty says before I can go.
I stop walking and turn back around to face them. I just wanted to talk to Monty but now I have to listen to his conversation with Cooper, which I'd rather not do.

I sit down and cross my arms. Cooper hasn't been around me for days and I think it's because she's scared of me. And if she is then that means that I did a good job.

''You did things to survive. That's in the past. We can have protein and biofuel and beer. Yeah, it tastes like crap, but who cares if it gets you drunk?'' Monty says.
I have no idea what they were talking about but I can hear past his words. I knew Monty wanted to have a normal life just this once. But I think he wants it now more then ever.

Cooper smiles and I'm surprised that she can do that. I've never seen her smile before. But I don't really care if she's happy or not I just want Monty to be happy. Suddenly Cooper turns around.
''Is someone there?''

I stand up and put my hand on my sword in case I need it. I try to listen very carefully and I can hear shuffling. Suddenly someone gets behind Cooper and presses something against her mouth and nose.

''Bellamy, what are you doing?!'' I shout at him while I look at Cooper struggling. I did not know that this was going to happen or that he even thought about doing this. Of course I didn't want to be part of this whole killing Octavia plan but I thought that he would at least tell me something about it. And I didn't think it would involve Cooper in whatever they planned.

Cooper goes limp in Bellamy's arms and he picks her up. The moment Cooper's feet get off the ground, Clarke appears.
''Monty, come on. We need you to open the processing room,'' Clarke says while she walks towards the closed room.

The processing room? That's the room with the worms in it. Why the hell would they want to go into that room?

"What are you gonna do, Clarke?" I ask her a little bit worried for what is about to happen. She looks at the room and then at the sleeping Cooper in Bellamy's arms.

"We're gonna use the worms. On Cooper."
I look at Bellamy and wonder why the hell he is agreeing to this. I don't need to know the reason why they want to use them on her, I just want to know why he agrees to this.

"You know what, I'm gonna go. I'm not gonna be a part of this. I'm already at Octavia's bad side and if I'm a part of this then I'm pretty sure that she gonna hurt someone really close to us Bellamy," I say while I look at him.

Octavia already threatened to hurt Lincoln if I didn't join her little group. If she finds out that I helped them kill Cooper then she is definitely going to hurt my son.

"What did she do to Lincoln?" Bellamy asks immediately worried.
"Nothing. Yet. That's why I'm not going to join whatever this is. If you're looking for me I'll be with my son," I say while walking away.

I walk out of the room but after a few seconds I can hear someone screaming. Cooper. By the way she is screaming I can already hear that the worms are inside her. Killing her.

I take a deep breath and start to walk faster. I don't want to hear her scream. No matter how much I disliked her I don't want to hear her scream because of worms eating her from the inside.

——-

''He twas the kindest man in the world. He always knew what to say to cheer you up when you were sad. He always found a way to make you calm down when you were angry. He was kind, smart, funny and too young. But you are named after the most kindest man I've ever known. I can see something from him in you. The strength. Never lose that Lincoln. You don't have to be afraid of anything. I'm here to protect you,'' I whisper while I stroke his hair softly.

I look at him while he is softly breathing. When I found him he was already asleep and I didn't want to wake him up. So I just sat there for a long time looking at him. Burning his face into my mind so I can never forget him. Not even when something happens to me. Cause I know something will happen to me.

A lot of people don't like me. A lot of people want me dead. Diyoza for sure. Octavia, I don't know, maybe. It does look like she wants me dead but I'm family so I don't know if she actually would want me dead.

I sigh and close my eyes trying not to cry. But one tear escapes my eye. Suddenly I feel a hand on my cheek wiping away the tear and I smile a little bit. I didn't hear him come into the room but I don't even need to look to know that it's him.

''All of this isn't going to end well, Bellamy.''
I slowly open my eyes and look at Bellamy with tears in my eyes. I don't like to show weakness, but he has seen it before. He's been there for me from the beginning and I don't mind to show him that I'm scared.

''I know,'' he whispers while looking at his hands.
There's a fifty percent change that someone we love will die. There's a fifty percent change that it will be me. But I will go down fighting for the people I love, so they can live. And if that means that I have to die then so be it. I just hope that it won't come to that.

''I poisoned Octavia.''
I look up at Bellamy shocked and he starts to cry. I immediately put my arms around him and hold him close. I knew they were planning to poison her but I never guessed that Bellamy would be the one to do it. I'm surprised he did it.

''What happened?''
He starts to tell me everything from beginning to end and I'm surprised that I missed all of that. But then I think about the fact that I was practically hiding myself and Lincoln in here because I didn't want to be a part of anything.

Bellamy tells me that when Octavia ate what Bellamy gave her, she started to have trouble breathing and then she went down. No one knows if she's gonna wake up. But if she is gonna wake up, it means that something very bad is going to happen to Bellamy.

''Do you realize what you did, Bell? If she's gonna wake up, shell have you thrown into the pit to fight for your life. I can't save you from this no matter how much I want to, no matter how much I try,'' I say while I look at him.

''I know,'' He says while he places his forehead against mine. I can't believe all of this is happening. Everything was already going bad before all of this happened but everything is going even more downhills now.

''I want you to fight. Tell me you'll fight.''
I'm now fully crying. I don't want to lose him. When Octavia is going to wake up I know what she's going to do. She's going to throw him into the pit and anyone else who joined this mess. When that time comes I just want him to fight and win, no matter who dies.

''I'll try. For you. For Lincoln.''