Chapter 13 : Modern Day Life Lesson Twelve

Start from the beginning

Rem looked down at the cookie and smiled softly. "Well, that's Rem's memories with Subaru-kun." She said, covering her mouth and giggling. The other three girls looked at her suspiciously. Just as Nico opened her mouth to ask, Hanezawa sensei's voice dragged all their attentions to the front. "Behold!! Hanezawa sensei's jack o' lantern!!" He shouted as he waved his hands over the beautifully carved pumpkin. The girls all exclaimed at the site of the jack o' lantern, and the guys all whistled, approaching the table eagerly.

As the club members examine the pumpkin, Hanezawa sensei went down to the table and checked on their progresses. "Hm hm hm, looks like we're all almost ready for the oven. Ah, I see some groups even proceeded to baking already. That's great." He said and went back to the front. "Well then, sensei shall present the desserts of his own design!!" Hanezawa sensei said mysteriously as he took out a few boxes from his bag. "Happy Halloween!!" He shouted as he lift up the lids. His students all gasped in awe at his desserts. "Let's put them out the classroom and wait for the others to come!!" He said excitedly as he picked up the boxes and walked out the room with the students following behind him.

"Ah, Emilia-sama!" Emilia was approaching them with the members of the MUN club walking beside her. "Hi, Rem, Ram." Emilia waved, smiling. "We just finished setting up our exhibition in our clubroom and decided to walk around." She said. "Emilia-sama, would you like a piece of pumpkin pie?" Ram asked as she handed her the box full of pumpkin pies that were just out of the oven. They also made pumpkin pies, apart from the cookies. "Wow! May I??" She asked with her eyes twinkling. "Hai, Emilia-sama!" The girls handed more boxes of desserts in front of the MUN club members. All of them started to eat, and soon, more and more students flooded to the cooking club as they were informed about the good food there.

"Hey look, people are all walking toward that direction. Let's go check it out." Hinata said, pointing toward the direction where people were crowded. "Okay, but before we start moving again, give me five more minutes to rest!" Subaru said, sitting at a wall. The members of the anime study club had been asked to take photos with other students for the past half an hour. Subaru and Hinata were especially requested since their outfits were the most astonishing.

"Subaru, where's your 'Only Muda Policy'?" Hinata asked jokingly, and Subaru's brow twitched. He stood up and turned to Hinata. "Muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda!!!" He shouted and started punching Hinata. "Hey! Wait! Stop! Stands don't just start attacking the users like this!!" Hinata shouted, covering his face with his arms. "Never seen such a cowardly Giorno." Kenichi laughed, taking pictures again.

A few minutes later they turned at a corner and arrived at the cooking club's corridor. "Yep, crowded as always." Said Mutsuki, who was being squeezed to the wall as a large group of students flooding past them. "They're all going for the cooking club, aren't they?" Hinata said, who was also pushed against the wall. "A bunch of hentai, in fact...!!" Beatrice muttered bitterly. Another group of students rampaged toward them, and Beatrice, being smaller than all the others, got swept away.

"Oi, Beatrice-san!" Hinata's hand reached out to her before she was completely swallowed by the crowd, and pulled her back as spaces were cleared out around them. "T-Thank you, in fact..." Beatrice muttered as Hinata, beaming at her brightly, let go of her. "No problem." He said. Beatrice turned away, folding her arms. On her face, a small smile appeared without being noticed by anyone but herself. A long lost memory about having a good friend seemed to be slowly coming back to her. She let the small smile stay for just a few more moments and resumed her neutral expression and followed along the group.

Soon, the corridors were cleared of students. The five of them all sighed in relief, looking at the finally emptying corridor and leaning against the wall. "I felt like I've been walking for another half an hour now." Subaru muttered as he sat down at the wall, and behind them, someone knocked on the glass window from inside. They looked back and saw Rem waving at them in the classroom.