Chapter 8- Smile

Song Suggestion: Just Dance by BTS (J-hooooooooooope!), Paper Hearts by Tori Kelly, cover by Jeon Jungkook and 2U by David Guetta, cover by Jeon Jungkook (I'm sorry these last two songs are not relevant to the theme again, it's only because I've been obsessed with Jungkook's English covers recently)

(Warning: Long chapter up ahead, get comfy)

Y/N's POV

"Basically that" I shrugged as if nothing happened.

"You... were 'basically' in the same room as the seven princes and managed to pass their high standards- no big deal" Parker said, imitating me.

 I chuckled "Exactly! I bet the two before me just had bad luck and that a lot of people had a better experience than me!"

Y/b/f/n rolled her/his eyes "I can't believe you, y/n, come on! You're going to the dance and you know it" she/he winked at me.

"Sure" I said, dragging the 'u' part, making it sound sarcastic.

"How were your meetings with them?" I asked, changing the topic.

"Honestly, mine was pretty boring" Parker pouted, fixing her bag so that it wouldn't fall off her shoulders.

Let me tell you, walking home in a dress that reached the floor was not easy.

"They just asked questions and I answered, if there were no questions, it would have been so quiet, I swear" she explained.

"Did you curtsy? Or bow?" I asked, wondering if my friends did what I did.

"Yeah" said y/b/f/n.

"Yep" Nancy nodded.

"...Nope" said Parker.

"I totally forgot! Ughhh" she complained "Say goodbye to that ball, Parker".

I shook my head "Maybe you still can...?" I said, denying that Parker might not be able to go.

"You will for sure" she smirked, ignoring my comment.

"Just tell us how your first kiss will go" said y/b/f/n, giggling.

"What?!" I stopped walking and faced my friends. They were all giggling messes.

Parker and y/b/f/n ran off to their houses, still giggling madly.

"Tell me WHO your first kiss is" Nancy smirked, following my two other friends before I could hit her on the head.

I rolled my eyes to myself but then laughed. 

I'm too young to have a first kiss.

-time skip- 

"Here, take it"

"Why?"

"You're invited to the ball"

"I am?!"

"Do you want the invite or not?"

"Yeah! I do! Thank you so much!"

"No prob"

Nancy got invited.

She got invited to the ball, I overheard their conversation just now, 'their' meaning hers and an older student who I don't know.

I walked towards Nancy, her back was turned towards me. 

"What ya got there?" I asked, looking over her shoulder to see a white envelope with fancy lettering saying "Parker Edwards" the main font was golden and its shadow was black.