Chapter 5- Don't Die

Song Suggestion: I don't have a specific one for this chapter but... you'll find out what song to play

Y/N's POV

It's tomorrow.

I can't believe it.

The. Day. Is. Tomorrow.

"Morning y/n" someone from the hallway said;

I smiled in return.

Then I heard familiar footsteps, the exact same ones that came to me every lunch.

I sighed and without turning around said "Philip Cohen, are you here to ask about something you know the answer to?"

"And don't ask how I knew" I added, continuing to walk.

"But I'm not here to ask if you like me" Philip said- surprisingly- with a gentle tone.

That caught me by surprise, I stopped walking and faced him.

"... Alright, what do you have to say then?" I asked.

"Professor Coldsteel needs to see you"

"Now?" I tilted my head, trying to figure out the rest of the details.

"Ummm, yeah, now, in his office" Phil nodded and started walking away.

"Oh... ok.. thanks" I said, finding my way to our school director's office.

Huh, Philip was able to talk to me without asking if he likes me...wow.

"There you are y/l/n!"

Professor Coldsteel awaited me in the front door of his office.

"Good morning professor" I said, giving a small smile.

He smiled in reply and opened the door, motioning for me to come in.

"I would like you to help organize the designing for the visit of our princes tomorrow" he said.

"Sure" I shrugged.

"... You're... not going to ask if it's really you who's going to help decorate...?" he questioned, grabbing a few papers and shuffling through them without looking down.

I shook my head "No need to do so, professor".

Professor Coldsteel nodded in surprise "Alright... here, you will be excused from classes today because you'll be apart of the decorating team" he handed me a name tag with my name on it and at the bottom it says "Decorating team", he also handed me a note saying that I will be excused from all classes today.

"Thank you" I said, heading out.

"Thank you as well, y/n"

-time skip-

I pulled up a long golden piece of cloth and attached it to the hook on the wall. I heard the gym door open, I looked down the ladder just in time to hear-

"Don't die"

I chuckled "I don't plan on doing so, Nancy".

She smiled and held the ladder, helping me down.

"I have to help you" she said, as I climbed down the ladder.

"You really don't have to..." I replied, grabbing the other end of the golden piece.

"Really, I do, I was assigned to do so" Nancy said, pushing the ladder to the other side of the wall.

I nodded in acknowledgement "Please put up that long table over there- it's for the buffet area, then put the white table cloth after it, thanks" I instructed and Nancy went to work.