Chapter 7: Cassia

"Hey," I smirked looking over my mug of coffee. "I didn't hear you come in last night. How'd the date go?"

"Ugh!" Demetria walked out of her room and onto the sofa next to me. "He was really hot but his head was so far up his ass it was just too much for me to handle. After we hooked up he just kept talking about himself and sports and I was so bored that I must've gone to sleep or something. I woke up and left around three."

I cringed.

"That sounds awful."

"It is." She leaned her head back and shut her eyes. "I'm done with boys." She mumbled. "I can't do this anymore, ya know?"

I took a sip of coffee to keep myself from saying something I'ldregret.

"Mm, mhm." I replied with a mouthful of coffee.

"Speaking of dates, how'd your fake date go?"

"Well," I breathed deep. "I found out his mom is Mom is Tiffany Romero so there's that."

"That home lady you really like?"

"Yep." I nodded.

"You should ask her for a job preferably before rent's due."

"Yeah, yeah, I know. Turns out Ash needs me for more than just one family event so I may actually be able to pull something like that off."

"Damn. That's wild." She yawned. "You had fun though? He wasn't being a jerk to you or whatever?"

"Yeah, it was fun. He was pretty respectful the entire night. I met his brother. He's cute in a 'I'm probably in a frat' type of way. I also guilt tripped Ash into giving me a tour of the house." I rubbed one of my temples. "And, uh, he did, you know kiss me."

Demetria shot up and her eyes went wide.

"He did what?!" She screamed. "Oh, I'm going to kill him!"

"No, Dee." I placed my mug on the coffee table and held her arms. "It's fine. It really is."

"But you've been wanting your first kiss to be special! And while part of me is really happy that you finally got some action the other part is like really fucking mad that that asshole was your first."

"He's not an asshole... all the time." I tried claiming her down. "It's fine. I made sure that it wouldn't happen again. And so much happened last night I doubt that I'll even remember the kiss."

She narrowed her eyes at me.

"I don't believe that but fine, I'll drop it." She brought her hand up and pointed at me. "But if he tries anything, and i mean anything, I'll punch him. Right in the throat. Really hard. I promise."

"Thanks, Dee, but I'll be fine."

"Sure." She sounded unconvinced.

Her phone buzzed on the cushion next to her. She went to pick it up and read the message. She cursed under her breath.

"What are you doing today?" She asked looking up from her phone.

"Absolutely nothing." I sighed. "This whole unemployed thing really sucks."

"I forgot I was supposed to grab breakfast with Trixie this morning. Wanna join?"

"I've got nothing better to do."

"Love the enthusiasm." She rolled her eyes. "You're driving. We're picking her up. Leave in 30?"

"Yeah, sounds good."