7: You're Beautiful

Serenity

It was really hard for me to let my dad go at this point in time. I know I will see him again soon, but its just weird you know? I was always used to seeing him or talking to him on the phone and now I cant do that now... its just overwhelming.

They were now putting his coffin 6 feet down and it was really cutting me deep.

My mom was in the row behind me but Devante and Static were on each side of me. I knew Static was hurting but he really didn't show it. He did shed a tear a few times but that was it. But me? I was crying like a damn baby and I just couldn't help it. I was forever and always a daddy's girl.

"Everything is going to be okay." Devante kissed my cheek and wrapped his arm around me.

I'm so happy I told him to come along because I was all over the place.

At Sunny's House.

She cooked all Dad's favorite foods and it was really good. She always cooked good food when I came down to visit. My Dad always said Sunny made the best fried chicken. I noticed my mom and Sunny talking from the corner of my eye. My heart was so happy when I also saw them give each other a hug. I don't know if this would change anything but if Sunny could move on and not hate my mom that would be wonderful. Only time would tell.

"So you didn't tell me you were seeing anybody." My mom smirked coming up to me a few minutes later.

"You know I like my privacy. But mom this is Devante. Devante this is my mom Justice." I smiled introducing them.

"Nice to finally meet you." Devante grabbed her hand and kissed it.

"Nice to meet you too, and he a keeper Serenity." My mom smiled as she whispered that to me making me blush in embarrassment because my Mom couldn't whisper for nothing.

"So how long are you guys in town?" My mom asked me.

"Until tomorrow. Why wassup?" I asked her.

"Well, I do miss my baby. And I was wondering when I can visit." My mom smiled poking my shoulder.

"I will let you know, my schedule is all over the place. But I will keep you posted."

"Okay baby, well it was nice to meet you Devante. Hopefully I'll see you soon. I have to catch this plane soon so I have to head out ." My mom said giving me a hug and a kiss and  she gave Devante a hug.

"Okay mom, please call me when you get back home." I said hug her back.

"I will, love you. Talk to you soon." My mom smiled going to get her belongings.

"Love you too, bye." I waved.

"Your mother is nice. You guys could've pulled off as sisters." Devante said.

"I know right, its crazy." I told him.

After today we were all tired and drained ass hell, this had been a crazy few days.

-

I just came out of the shower and I heard Devante talking on the phone. Me being the nosy girl I was listened in.

"Yeah, she is doing fine Dalvin. I will let her know you and the guys were thinking about her and Static." Devante said and I smiled.

How sweet.

"Yeah.. we will be back sometime tomorrow. Cant wait to get back in the studio. I got some shit I need to spit out." Devante said.

"Oh word?... alright, love ya too. Later." Devante ended the call.

I had on one of Devante's shirts on and some sweatpants. I walked towards him and he smiled.

"You smell good." Devante said as he kissed my cheek.

"Aww, thank you baby." I smiled.

"Dalvin and the others were checking on you to see how you were doing." Devante said.

"I know I heard your little talk with him. And that was so sweet of them." I smile genuinely. I laid my head on his chest. He was shirtless and only had his boxers on.

"This is nice." I said randomly.

"Yeah, it is. No screaming fans. No flashing lights from cameras." Devante said. "Don't give me wrong, I love my fans but it gets to be too much sometimes. like I want to be alone sometimes."

I laughed and nodded my head in agreement. "I bet when you guys first started it was overwhelming?" I asked him.

"Hell yeah, most of the time the fans would chase us. But that is when we didn't really had body guards." Devante told me.

I was giggling. "Aww poor baby."

"But I wouldn't trade it for the world. I love my supporters" Devante smiled to himself.

"I love that." I said as Devante grabbed my hand and kissed it. He would always do that and I thought it was sweetest thing. He looked me deep into my eyes and I did the same. I almost forgot how beautiful his hazel eyes were.

"What?" I ask him.

"Nothing, I just like to look at you. You are beautiful to look at." Devante told me and I blushed.

"Thank You." I smiled. "I'm never used to all of this. My last relationship was pretty sad. He thought I wasn't good enough for him. He treated me like dirt. " I frowned thinking about it. "I always felt deep down that I wasn't beautiful. "

Devante got on top of me and was now staring right at me.

"I only might've known you for a few months now but you are so beautiful inside and out. When I first laid eyes on you I noticed this glow with you. You had this golden glow and you shined bright like a diamond. I see how you treat people with kindness and don't get me started on your smile. It lights up the room and also your laugh." Devante told me. "The last nigga you were with was really stupid because you are an amazing ass person. He lost a good thing . I don't know what he did too you but I am different. I will give you love and affection. I will always show you off to everyone so they know you are mine.  I will always Tell you-you are beautiful. Because you are. You need to believe in yourself Serenity." He sighed before speaking up again. "Look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself that you are beautiful everyday. You are a beautiful Black woman."

He was speaking some deep shit.

And he is right, I can do anything that I can put my mind too.