5: Freek'n You/ Go Back Home

June 21 1995
Devante Swing

We were almost done with the album trying to get it out by next month.  Currently we were in the studio working while the others were just chilling and smoking.  While one of my boys was in the booth I was just writing a song that I have been working on. Serenity was heavily on my mind while I was writing this.

"So whats up between you and Serenity?" Kci asked me. 

"We like each other.. what else you want me to say?" I asked him. 

"Damn nigga.. I was just asking. Who pissed in your Cereal?" Kci said to me putting his hands up in defense. 

"Nigga, stop being all in my shit. We are just kicking it on the low. I know how Static is. If he finds out I don't know what he is going to do. Plus I want to see how it goes. She is something different." I told Kci. 

"Bruh you said that about the last 3 chicks you was with." Dalvin said chiming in and JoJo was coughing on his smoke. 

"Damn Dal, that was cold." JoJo said while laughing some more.

I looked at Kci and he was also laughing. "Dalvin isn't lying bro, you did say that. How is she different?" Kci asked through laughter. 

"Shit I don't know, she is just giving me this different vibe. We both like the same things so she understands me. " I explain. 

"Well that's true. The last 3 were just random chicks you met. They were just using your ass. But you were too blind to see it." Kci said 

"Damn what's the deal on you and Dalvin speaking real shit today?" JoJo asked. 

"Shit I don't know, but what happen to the real them? " I joked. "But anyways, lets get back to work. I want this album to be done." I said.

-

"How was the studio?" Serenity asked me. She told me that she wanted to cook me something to eat over at my crib and I was cool with that. 

"It was good today. Almost done with the album." I said with a confident smile. 

"That's wassup." Serenity said. 

"I know right, I cant wait for everyone to listen to it." I told her truthfully. 

"Shit, I cant wait. I feel the same way with my album." Serenity said.

"Trust me, everyone is going to love it." I said as I got up and wrapped my arms around her waist and kissed her neck. "Just trust me on this." I continued to kiss her neck and she was biting on her bottom lip trying to hold back the moans. "Its just us." I told her while sucking on her neck as my hands moved slowly down to her other set of lips. 

"Damn." Serenity mumbled.

Serenity turned around and jumped on me wrapping her legs around my waist. I held her up walking to the countertop as we were now kissing rough. I could tell that Serenity was wet once I pulled her leggings down and moved her thong to the side. Once my tongue started working magic Serenity was weak.

"Ahhhh!" Serenity moaned out. She pushed my head further and I took that opportunity to add two fingers inside her giving her that come here motion. 

"Damn that feels good." Serenity said and I can tell she was about to release at any second. "Ahhh." Serenity moan out but it was panicky. I felt her push my head away and I finally  realize the food was burning.

"Oh shit the food." Serenity jumped off the counter and removed the food off the stove.

"Damn, I'm sorry." I told her. 

"Its all good. I guess it's Pizza hut?" Serenity asked me. 

"Shit you know me too well." I told her and she laughed along with me.

Static Major

I was calling Serenity nonstop but she wasn't answering her phone. We needed to go back home. I don't know how I'm going to tell her. I decided I would try to call her again later. I just don't know how I was going to tell her that our dad had pass away. I guess this gave me time to think about my approach with this.

A few hours later I sat up from the couch hearing my phone vibrate on the coffee table bear me. I checked the caller id and saw it was Serenity. I quickly answered and placed the phone to my ear.

"Static I'm sorry, I missed your calls. What's going on?" Serenity asked me curiously. I still couldn't even talk, this was harder than I thought. "Whats wrong?" Serenity asked me again this time with worry in her voice. "Everything okay? You are scaring me." She kept adding on. 

"We need to go home." I finally brought myself to say. 

"What?... why?" Serenity asked me confused. 

"Because, dad passed away today." I told her. 

"What? Nooo. You are fucking lying to me? I just spoke to him the other day. He was just fine." Serenity said as her voice cracked and she began crying. I heard someone asking her what was wrong and it sounded like Devante. But I couldn't even get mad right now I was grieving. 

"I just found out that he passed away this morning. We got to go back home to Louisville." I told her.

She was crying even harder into the phone. "When... are we leaving?" Serenity asked through her sobs.

"I'm trying to go tomorrow morning. I already got your ticket." I told her. 

"Okay, I will see you in the morning." Serenity said before ending the call.

Serenity

"Okay, I will see you in the morning." I said after ending the call. I didn't even let him say anything else.

"What's wrong? Why you crying?" Devante asked me. 

"My daddy passed away today." I said as cried some more hearing the words that just came out my mouth. 

"Damn, I'm so sorry." Devante pulled me into his arms. 

"Its crazy I just spoke him the other day. He told me that he loved me and that he was so proud of me. And now this. I just cant believe it." I told him. 

"Everything happens for a reason." Devante said. 

"I know.. now I got to pack. I leave in the morning." I told him. 

"You want me to come along?" Devante asked me. "I understand if you don't want me to come. I'm just trying to be there for you in any way I can." Devante told me. I thought this was so sweet. But I didn't need any drama between him and Static.

"I really want you to come, but I don't know..." I told him. "I don't want no drama between you and Static." I told him in all honesty. 

"You need to do something for yourself for a change and stop thinking about how its going to effect other people. I care about you and I want to be there for you." Devante told me. I sighed slowly and wiped the last of my tears.

"You know what, you are right. Come with me... I want you to come."